Discovered a new feature (new to me) in my 2017 today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loki,

It sounds like the "tilt-mirror-in-reverse" feature would be in demand if you figure it out! I doubt many here would doubt what you say once you've had a chance to pry to code apart!

jeff
10-4 Jeff! Forscan isn't the most user friendly app, you do have to be a little brave to use it. You are looking at the registers in the modules. The Expy is scheduled for it's first service next week, so I will test after that. I want to get the climate on the right MFD, and the Seat Settings on the Homescreen of the main SyncScreen, and I will test the Reverse Tilt, and Auto fold Mirrors.

I have my Edge using the GT350 Boot Screen! Love it. I'll take a few pictures, so ya'll can see what I am talking about when I head out for lunch.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ca do the tilt feature via Forscan in theory. It is available via programming on the 150's, and most things transfer to the Expy. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for the first service, before I go nuts in Forscan on the wife's ride. On my Edge, MANY things have been changed.
Loki is this the sofware that you use? http://forscan.org/home.html If it is what else to I need to connect my laptop or smart phone?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loki is this the sofware that you use? http://forscan.org/home.html If it is what else to I need to connect my laptop or smart phone?
Yep!

The mobile version can't do any programming. The Windows version can. I use a wireless ODBII Module that supports MSCAN(How Ford Specific modules talk). I ALWAYS save a module as is before I change anything, just in case. I will take a picture of the module I use when I head out for lunch...

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep!

The mobile version can't do any programming. The Windows version can. I use a wireless ODBII Module that supports MSCAN(How Ford Specific modules talk). I ALWAYS save a module as is before I change anything, just in case. I will take a picture of the module I use when I head out for lunch...
Thanks!

DesertDawg

Reaction score
I was out driving on the highway today and I discovered by accident that the turn signal has what I've always called the lane change feature. push down or up on the stalk and the turn signal will flash 3 times on its own. I had this in my 09 ML350 and I didn't realize Ford had it now. I didn't have it in my 05 Expedition.

I was pushing the stalk down until it locked and then releasing it by pushing back up to cancel it. Now I just have to remember to use it. :D

DesertDawg

Reaction score
That is a nice Expedition. While I haven't done my homework on the 2018 yet other than I believe it's a twin turbo and aluminum body with a major weight reduction, believe it or not, one of my favorite features is and has been the circular air vents. You can turn them in any direction and shut them off better than the standard rectangular air vents on the new 2018. My next Expedition will be our 4th, since they first debuted in '97. Is your Expedition shown here an EL. Looks a little longer than normal.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a nice Expedition. While I haven't done my homework on the 2018 yet other than I believe it's a twin turbo and aluminum body with a major weight reduction, believe it or not, one of my favorite features is and has been the circular air vents. You can turn them in any direction and shut them off better than the standard rectangular air vents on the new 2018. My next Expedition will be our 4th, since they first debuted in '97. Is your Expedition shown here an EL. Looks a little longer than normal.
Thanks DesertDawg. Yes my 17 is a Limited EL. I really like it. There is 8' of space behind the front seats to the liftgate. It is nice when I buy a sheet of plywood or I need to transport large items.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the reverse tilt ..a while ago was in lincolns and caddys, i used as rentals back in 04.
i think the factory resists the small changes .
backup cameras are great, but why not give us all the tools ?
thanks lokiwolf will be watching to see what we might be able to do.