Do second row captains slide?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
I don't think they slide. I have also looked but have not c

No doubt but I'm quite happy that I didn't wait....I do not like the appearance.

jeff

I do wish those seats could slide, but I agree 100% about the 2018. They do look like a hearse! :biggrin:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really?? Hearse?

Looks more like a Yukon drawn up by a Nissan designer to me

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wife and I both dislike the look of the 2018 too but the feature set is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2018 is nice don’t get me wrong I like it a lot.... but it’s not the same. Ours are truck trucks..... the new one doesn’t have the same “I can do anything you throw at me or run over anything that gets in your way” feel. Meaning it’s not as commanding from the drivers seat. I’m happy with my expy for my road warrior and I own it outright which is nice. Sure there may be occasional repairs that i can perform but it beats that massive payment.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2018 is nice don’t get me wrong I like it a lot.... but it’s not the same. Ours are truck trucks..... the new one doesn’t have the same “I can do anything you throw at me or run over anything that gets in your way” feel. Meaning it’s not as commanding from the drivers seat. I’m happy with my expy for my road warrior and I own it outright which is nice. Sure there may be occasional repairs that i can perform but it beats that massive payment.
I hear you but I have to say that the new look is growing on me. I'll have to see it in person and walk around it and sit behind the wheel to know for sure but I'm pretty good at 3 dimensional visualization and in my mind, it is a big truck. To me it looks wider and taller.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2018 is actually a good inch or more shorter than ours (height). It’s 76” ours is above 77”. The 18’ is a tad wider and that along with it being a lower height makes it look kinda squatty. Also has noticeably lower ground clearance that ours. (Plastic dam come REALLY low). Plus the whole truck appears lower to the ground.

Last edited:

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No the 2nd row captains seats don’t slide. With some practice you can fold and tilt them pretty quick though

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
I hear you but I have to say that the new look is growing on me. I'll have to see it in person and walk around it and sit behind the wheel to know for sure but I'm pretty good at 3 dimensional visualization and in my mind, it is a big truck. To me it looks wider and taller.

Andy, sure seems like you’re thinking about a move to the dark side... :biggrin:

Have a heart and keep your beautiful 2017 rig!

nick

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing with new cars/trucks and anything that includes technology, which by its nature (technology) is always better this year than last. Eventually, eventually, I don't know if it'll be in one month or 10 years, but eventually most people will accept and then appreciate and then really like the redesign. It happens all the time when a redesign happens. Every time.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only the center section of my second row seats moves on my '07 and '17 trucks. Advertised to allow a child seat to be placed there with easier access for someone in the front seat. Removing this seat and adding arm rests makes the outboard seats into captain's seat. Pretty sure that's how Ford does it -- but they don't move. Need a center floor mat to cover the center seat mounting holes.

-- Chuck

Have you done this?