"Don't try to replace spark plugs!" 2008 Why not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Expy4x4

Reaction score
Haha, I guess you must have lived in Louisiana to know the local slang. I actually moved from "elek" to Hico because I went to seminary in Ft Worth and now I am pastor at a church near Hico. But yeah, when I have work to be done on a vehicle that I cannot do, I try to wait until I visit family in Alexandria so that I can go to 1st Choice and get it done right.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All of my college friends graduated from Southwestern. Post grad 1983 - '86 years.

I used to ice skate in the Tandy Center.

07Expy4x4

Reaction score
small world...

Back to the OP's question, let us know how things work out for you or if we can answer any other questions.

OP
OP
R

Robert Gift

Reaction score
$329 $parkplug rip-off is not due until 100k

... let us know how things work out for you or if we can answer any other questions.
Thank you for all your advice.
Just learned from Fordealer thathe sparkplug rip-off is not due.
I will plan several applications of the carbon solvent over 24 hours and let it really soak.
Then gently tap the breaker bar with a hammer to hopefully unfreeze their $15.21 plugs.

Last edited:

2000GM

Reaction score
To echo what was said on the last page, a lot of people on the F-150 forums claim the air ratchet or impact works very successfully. A lot of guys say to run Seafoam or some similar addative to the last 2 or 3 tanks of fuel prior to doing the change, which theoretically cleans out some of the carbon.

djrainer

Reaction score
Champion vs. Motorcraft

I just read where Champion designed a 1 piece replacement spark plug for the 5.4L 3V Triton engines. Has anyone used this new Champion Plug and if so, what's your opinion? Thanks, Don, Phoenix, 2007 EXPY-LMTD

JDSteve

Reaction score
Oh boy......Im a newby to the forum and posted yesterday a "tranny jerking problem". Sounds like it might be a "stinkin Ford mis-fire bring it to the dealer to fix" problem? The expy "jerks" when it is "lugging". Cruises down the road fine, accelerates fine, but start lugging the motor and hold on! Sound like the mis-fire? Looks like about a $350 fix? BTW Im a very happy ex 98' expy
4x4 with 230k owner! Our 07 so far has been great (bought in 09 with 32k on it and now has 111k).

4x43V

Reaction score
Man, you ninja punched English.

Sent while dropping a deuce!