Door seals? Weather seal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben_D

Reaction score
I bought a used '03 with 207,000miles... working through some issues... Both drivers side doors would rattle a bit... Especially the front drivers side. (bad enough that it would hurt my leg as it smacked into it.) I did the trick of stuffing tubing into the door seal and that made it much better... But I think in the long run I should completely replace the weather/door sealing gasket. What is this stuff properly called?

From a forum search someone mentions using 2004+ weather seal, implying it's better... Is Ford the best source for this stuff? Is it semi universal? Any dire mistakes I should avoid?

Also I wasn't sure if this should be posted in interior or exterior.

Thanks
-Ben

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may have to adjust the door lock mechanism to tighten the door rattle. Check that the door panels line up with each other and the body. Check the hinges for wear as well.

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A1 auto is only showing 97 - 02 for me too.. guess I'll look on eBay

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the door rattle also..

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only can see up to 02 on their website too, my 06 could probably use some new seals. Also ill x3 on a little rattle, when going over bumps and such.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ouch Ford told me $103 for just one door seal.. hahah
For that price I can live with it