Door stuck shut and won't open from inside or out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Heuster,
If you can not get those screws out, Take it to a mechanic shop , they will remove the door panel like I said , for you, they shouldn't charge a whole lot.

Good luck!.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After looking at mine I could see how it can be done but not by me

I would pay the neighbor kid to do it. He is always after me for odd jobs

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you cycle the power door locks, can you feel/see/hear the lock engaging and/or disengaging inside that door? Manually lifting/lowering the lock indicator does nothing I assume.

Re: slim jim, if you have one, maybe you can slip it into the door frame while inside the vehicle (seat out of the way) and see if the child safety switch can be toggled. Worth a shot incase its somehow involved. Opposite door is the guide. Good luck.

OP
OP
H

heuster

Reaction score
Today is a good day. The door opened...
I'm at work, I can't leave the door open...wth do I need to do so that it doesn't jam up again. I can see the action in the mech and it isn't the same with the inside handle on the problem door as it is with the inside handle on a working door. Something is in the way with the child safety switch. I've tried to Wd-40 it, but no guarantees. What should my next steps be? Replace the entire door latch assembly or is there something else I can do???

Thanks for everyone's input - so dang valuable.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well while you can get the door open I would at least get the door panel off and have a look inside. Hard to say what is actually wrong without looking at it

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
No but my door on my pervious car wouldn't open, I first bought a nother identical door panel for local yard then eventually I cut the plastic panel off with a hot knife and released the latch

MrXLT

Reaction score
This doesn't have anything to do with those rotting cable ends does it? Maybe better question in case someone doesn't know what I'm talking about, it's not cable operated is it?

I just fixed my liftgate using an upgraded part for them.