Drive Control Malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onex1

Reaction score
Year/Model: 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum
Mileage: 77k miles
Drivetrain: 4x4
Warranty: Premium Warranty up to 110k through (Carvana-Silverock)
Issue: Battery died 12/26 and I jumped and drove to Autozone for test/replacement. They tested and the battery was bad/dead. Drove it home with no issues and drove it out and home to a xmas party 12/27. Also was driving fine through 12/31. Got up for work this morning and it would not start. Tried to jump w/ battery pack which worked previously on 12/26, no luck. Headlights started strobing fast and I got a driver control malfunction - service required message on dash console.

Going to try and jump it with wife's car at lunch and I guess take it to dealership. Any info on quick fixes or help would be appreciated.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you just replaced your battery, you need to have the battery management system (bms) reset. Failure to reset the bms can result in the vehicle overcharging your new battery as it doesn’t know you have replaced it. Overcharging can lead to failure of your new battery…