Driver Assistance Package (Can't find!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emax

Reaction score
Hi

I called my local dealer looking for a Max XLT or Limited with the Driver Assistance Package. They said that they could not find any vehicles in the system with that feature. Kind of surprised me, given that its only a $715 option for such important safety features (which BTW are included standard in almost all Toyota / Honda cars).

Any chance that the Driver Assistance Package is just a software feature that could be enabled by the dealer? Or are there additional cameras and sensors that only get put on the car if the Package is selected at build time. Given the cheap cost, I was hoping that it was software only.

Thanks!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Given how much the drivers assistance pkg actually does and the features it affects, i dont think so. I thought the same but it does do a lot and has its own menus. The lmt 301 has this included, and most lmts are the 301s with the soecial edition pkg. Have u looked on the inventory locator?

OP
OP
E

emax

Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the lot 301 package including Driver Assist! I see many vehicles in my area with that package, but the problem is they are priced ~$70K. Would really prefer an XLT with Driver Assist for ~$60K, since the other Limited features are not must-haves for me.

Any way that you know of to use the inventory locator to easily search for XLTs with Driver Assist? I don't see Driver Assistance Package as a filter check box in the search page. Thanks!

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the lot 301 package including Driver Assist! I see many vehicles in my area with that package, but the problem is they are priced ~$70K. Would really prefer an XLT with Driver Assist for ~$60K, since the other Limited features are not must-haves for me.

Any way that you know of to use the inventory locator to easily search for XLTs with Driver Assist? I don't see Driver Assistance Package as a filter check box in the search page. Thanks!

You're likely going to have to order one. "Funky" configurations (with everything you want and nothing you don't) are going to be few and far between, for any manufacturer/model.

You could try adding a keyword filter (I think autotrader has this option, but the Ford website doesn't) but that is going to be hit or miss depending on how descriptive the dealers make their listings.

I haven't been able to find a good way of doing what you're trying to do. Staying tuned for a better answer.

OP
OP
E

emax

Reaction score
Thanks rumline. Any ideas are definitely appreciated, since I'd like to get one before the end of the year instead of special ordering (8 weeks).

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly, the best way to filter is by price. I really havent seen any xlt model woth that option under 60k. I would what you are looking for on the config, note that proce, then look for xlts for or around that price on the locator.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you tried just doing it the hard way and looking at the stickers (via Ford's website) of each of the XLTs in your area? I mean, here in Seattle there's like 5 XLTs showing on Ford's website as being within 100 miles, a couple of which are still on-order and a couple of which are probably customer orders and will never really hit the lot...

joec2018

Reaction score
Reach out to Dave Bastian at Towne Livery in Buffalo. He has exactly what you are looking for and is best in the business.

I buy my cars from him, always shipped as I am 100's of miles away.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reach out to Dave Bastian at Towne Livery in Buffalo. He has exactly what you are looking for and is best in the business.

I buy my cars from him, always shipped as I am 100's of miles away.

You joined today, just to post this? Hardly seems suspicious. Towne Lievery doesn't list a single Expedition. They do list a brand-new left-over/left-over 2015 Navigator, priced to not sale.

Red at Red Johnson Ford is also the best in the business. 5-star google review. He is the owner, shop foreman, works the parts counter, and has been salesman of the month since sometime in the mid 80's. They also don't have any Expeditions.

Red will spec exactly what you want, the way you want it. I'd suggest your local Ford dealer does the same for you in order to get an XLT with this package.

If you follow the Ford retail order guide, they forecast just 38% of 2018 Expeditions will be XLT's. Of those 38% of trucks built, they estimate just 60% will be with the 202A Equipment Group, which is a prerequisite for the then optional 66D package. Adding MAX to the equation is only going to make this rare bird a little harder to find. Not exactly a needle in a haystack, but certainly a crochet needle in a large pile of hay.

Last edited:

townelivery

Reaction score
I have what he is looking for in stock. Please give me a call. 716 341 0201

David Bastian
Towne Ford Lincoln