Driver Assistance Package (Can't find!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Configure one the way you want in the build your own section and then let Ford search for a model that matches what you selected. you can widen the search as far as it will go and it should/could find some like you configured.

OP
OP
E

emax

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The easiest approach for me was to sort the 100mi inventory by price, and scroll down to cars with an MSRP that matched the options. It didn't reveal in Max XLT with Driver Assist, but did find quite a few non-Max XLT that had it. Kind of strange. So if I want one locally by the end of the year (for tax purposes), non-Max would be my only XLT option. Wondering how much the extra cargo space of the Max will really matter to me, since the 3rd row will not be permanantly up in my use. Do non-Max and Max version hold their value roughly the same when it comes to resale in a few years?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The easiest approach for me was to sort the 100mi inventory by price, and scroll down to cars with an MSRP that matched the options. It didn't reveal in Max XLT with Driver Assist, but did find quite a few non-Max XLT that had it. Kind of strange. So if I want one locally by the end of the year (for tax purposes), non-Max would be my only XLT option. Wondering how much the extra cargo space of the Max will really matter to me, since the 3rd row will not be permanantly up in my use. Do non-Max and Max version hold their value roughly the same when it comes to resale in a few years?
You will always wish you had purchased the Max. When I bought the 05 I always wished for the 3-1/2 years that I owned it that I would have bought an EL. You have plenty of room behind the third row for the stuff you want to carry. My third row seats are up 60% of the time, in my 05 the third row seats were always down.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealer can search the factory schedule and find out if one is in production that isn't spoken for and they can tag it to come to them.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. Is there a term that Ford uses to describe this process?
I don't know if they have a specific term, but if you tell them what you want and ask them to see they can find one in production that they can grab, I think they will know what to do. I've had other manufacturer's do that for me in the past. I am pretty sure Ford can do it as well.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+1 for the Max. I was worried I wouldn't use it, or it would be needlessly large, but I've never wished I didn't have it and I'm frequently grateful that I do.

I also frequently kick myself for not waiting around to find an 8-seater.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for the Max. I was worried I wouldn't use it, or it would be needlessly large, but I've never wished I didn't have it and I'm frequently grateful that I do.

I also frequently kick myself for not waiting around to find an 8-seater.

You have second row captains and regret it?

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The easiest approach for me was to sort the 100mi inventory by price, and scroll down to cars with an MSRP that matched the options.
This morning I discovered how to search up to 999 miles. Do your normal search inventory, then change the radius to something other than 20mi. Now look at the address bar on your web browser, and find where it says "Radius=" followed by whatever radius you set. Delete that radius and type in whatever radius you want to search (up to 999mi), and press return. The search will re-load using the radius you entered.