Dull Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I restored my headlights but still the low beam lights weren't bright enough. I didn't know that the bulbs get dimmer as they age. Though they either worked or they didn't. I bought new bulbs and it made quite a difference. Passing this along because it may help someone else.

FisherPete

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced the bulbs in my '12 with Sylvania Silverstar Ultras and really appreciate the brighter beam and sharper cut off.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have projectors (clear cutoff line), just drop in some 35w HID off amazon or ebay... $30 gets you 90% of the way to the stock-HID bmw experience and ends all talk about not bright enough or throw not far enough

AND the whole kit is cheaper than a pair of Sylvania Silverstar halogens.

Also, replacement bulbs for different color temps or if they die on you are like $9....

30 bucks to buy, 30 minutes to swap, and voila, let there be light:

View media item 6343

grantpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmm, thanks for the tip adieu! I was just aching to do 'something' to my truck! Especially since on a recent road trip I noticed those awful dim headlights!!! Every time I drive the Expy at night, I wonder if those dang light are EVEN on!

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...those bright bulbs arent that great...a year you get from them,all of them. know someone changes them almost every 12 or so months one goes out....so.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...those bright bulbs arent that great...a year you get from them,all of them. know someone changes them almost every 12 or so months one goes out....so.

If you mean cheapo HIDs, then at $4.50 / bulb, who cares???

If you mean Silvanias....yeah they suck