Dump Exhaust DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Connor Clark

Reaction score
Got an idea, when speaking to F150 owners: I'd do a full exhaust with slash cut tips coming out the sides at a 45 degree angle. Upon reading up from other users on the site I opted against it because the driver's side would have to go under the spare tire...or lack of spare tire.

Formulated this plan about how to cut the current exhaust and bolt on a tip. Went to cut the 2.5" tubing and realized just before the hanger there is a clamp to connect. Ended up removing the L shaped tip that came factory and bolting on a cheap tip ($26 after tax at Autozone). It resembles a diesel, but I like it and it has held up nicely. I elected to do a single tip because it would be louder and overall cheaper than full tubing from the headers back.

Time: 20 mins (I had a stubborn bolt, as you can see. Plenty of penetrating spray)

Soon to come: Flowmaster Super 10 in place of the stock muffler

Exhaust Removal 1.JPG Exhaust Removal 2.JPG New Tip 1.PNG New Tip 2.JPG

Note: my frame is not rusted, as this car has been in the Southeast it's entire life. That is penetrating spray.

WarrenK

Reaction score
Hi Conner,

Did you pick up a bad drone in the cab after doing that? I did on my '04. I had to extend the end of the exhaust past the bottom lip of the rocker panel to get rid of most of the drone. Still just as loud and sounds just as good to everyone outside but the kids complained a whole let less about the drone with the extension.

YMMV,
Warren

OP
OP
Connor Clark

Connor Clark

Reaction score
@BrinkExpo To be honest, it was part of a bigger plan and was quick and required few tools. BUT, it did sound better than expected.

@WarrenK I did not notice any drone at all, of course this is with the stock muffler constricting it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Connor Clark

Connor Clark

Reaction score
As I mentioned in the thread, the muffler came in. Pictures below, video of startup and whatnot will be on my YouTube channel shortly: wCONRADclark

Flowmaster Super 10.JPG

Madison.jpg

Note: Yes, there is a ton of drone. Regardless, sounds aggressive.

OP
OP
Connor Clark

Connor Clark

Reaction score
The simplest way to attach an exhaust, in case y'all are wondering:

Muffler.JPG

U-clamp, band clamps, and sheet of aluminum foil. The thing sits at a 45 degree angle to compensate for the inlet and outlet being offset AND coming in on the top and out at the bottom (of the factory muffler).

I know most of y'all will say this is shotty craftsmanship but I have a buddy that's going to weld it soon, this is a trial run.

It seems to stay tight (I used an impact to tighten clamps on), no rattle.

The tip is a 4" diameter by 10" long, stainless.

Last edited:

BrinkExpo

Reaction score
Did you just remove that rubber exhaust hanger then since the tip is much shorter or did you re attach it?

Also if the truck is parked, does the exhaust come up into the truck since it is dumping under the truck?