Easy Entry Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bnelsen

Reaction score
Today my easy entry seat function stopped working. I went to vehicle settings, but the Easy Entry Seat selection option is grayed out and the box is not checked. The system will not allow me to select the function to enable it. It worked this morning, but stopped working this afternoon. The vehicle is only two months old. Pretty frustrating. The power seats and memory work fine. Any thoughts as to how I can get this to work, short of taking the vehicle to the Ford dealer?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rather that trying to either fix it or possibly do more damage and it being a 2017 and still under warranty I would let the dealer handle it

BTW Welcome to the Forum

OP
OP
B

bnelsen

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. Just frustrating. My Audi is 5 years old and I have never had a problem. Two months old and taking my Expedition to the dealer just seems wrong.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it was just a matter of re-programing the easy entry seats to work then it would be simple But from your description it seems more involved.

Plus this is the first time I have seen this problem arise so you may not get much information on how to fix it

Just let the forum know the results of the fix It may help the next member

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with bedrck, welcome to the forum and take it to the dealer. But, if you are like me and can't resist tinkering you could try to reset the computer, by disconnecting the battery cable to see if it will reset. On second thought I'd just take it to the dealer it's probably a 5 minute fix. :D

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And the fact that most of us don't have this feature and may not have even known about until now.

New cars are basically computers with wheels.

Take it to the dealer.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you using your intelligent remote? I thought I understood features like this are linked to the settings for each fob. His & hers so to speak.

My 2008 has easy entry.

OP
OP
B

bnelsen

Reaction score
I am using the remote. Everything worked until it suddenly quit yesterday. Of course, such a minor issue and the Ford Dealer can't get me in for a week.

OP
OP
B

bnelsen

Reaction score
Of course, I called the Ford dealer today, got a service appointment for Friday. After 24 hours of not working, the Easy Entry/Exit system worked just fine today. I did nothing, it just started working again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze