Ecoboost rear muffler/resonator removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look on the F150 sheet. Same code for the 150 worked on my Edge, probably a good bet it will work on your Platinum.
By the same token can we enable that code on a limited and here that engine sound? Not that I'd leave it on, I just want to here what it sounds like.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
FWIW, I’m pretty sure my wife’s Platinum actually does the augmentation.
I can hear the engine in her truck way more clearly than mine despite hers being overall quieter inside and mine not having stock exhaust.
My 2011 Mustang, with 5.0 engine, has a long tube the goes into cabin. I was told by dealer it was added because, in testing, the engine sounded too quiet. The tube allows engine sound, to enter the interior. Harley Davidson intentionally makes crankshafts, to give the "potato-potato" sound. They could be made, to run smooth a silk. Toyota pumps noise canceling frequencies, to mask engine noise, into interiors. Corvettes have some of the most lame exhaust. The bottom line: A Pleasing sounding exhaust, is desired. Some cars just don't have a good sounding exhaust.

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2011 Mustang, with 5.0 engine, has a long tube the goes into cabin. I was told by dealer it was added because, in testing, the engine sounded too quiet. The tube allows engine sound, to enter the interior. Harley Davidson intentionally makes crankshafts, to give the "potato-potato" sound. They could be made, to run smooth a silk. Toyota pumps noise canceling frequencies, to mask engine noise, into interiors. Corvettes have some of the most lame exhaust. The bottom line: A Pleasing sounding exhaust, is desired. Some cars just don't have a good sounding exhaust.

I'll never put an aftermarket exhaust on another ecoboost engine ever again. No matter what I did to my Focus ST I couldn't get it to not sound like crap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360