Electric brake plug standard or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rick2x2

Reaction score
Saw the connection where the flat4 is connected to and it's a square plug vs the round plug that part number 74682 is Referring to. I will post a pic of the set up in the morn. I Really appreciate your help

OP
OP
R

Rick2x2

Reaction score
That's one of the steps I've already completed. That's how I found out it has the "trailer tow prep pack" as ford put it.

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every Ford truck/SUV that anyone ion my family has owned (that is quite a few) that was purchase with the Heavy Duty Trailer Tow option cam with a round 7 pin connector. If you do NOT have the round connector you do NOT have the HS Trailer Tow option so you do NOT have the HD radiator or the auxiliary transmion cooler or the dah wiring for a brake controller.

OP
OP
R

Rick2x2

Reaction score
I never said I had HD tow package I said I have trailer tow prep package. I want to add the 7 pin with electric brake control, just my suv dose not had brake control plug. So I'm going to have to hard wire it in.

OP
OP
R

Rick2x2

Reaction score
Yes sir unless the blue and orange wires that are at the 4pin connection are dead lines. Then I can just splice into them at the door jam and that will take care of running them to the trailer connection, and I'll just have to wire (+) from the battery to the control box fimd a good ground point and splice into brake line at break peddle for electric brake controller activation line

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well maybe not !

I found this wiring diagram for a 2002 Expedition. It seems to indicate that the dark blue (DB) brake control wire is in the loom from connector C232 to C456. If you look around on this diagram, there are several other towing related wires at C232 and C456, where ever they are located !

Capture.JPG

You will also note there is notes for lght duty and heavy duty towing. I believe all Expeditions come with light duty towing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360