Electrical issue no light, radio always on, and auto headlight not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pictures 5 thru 7

Attachments

• moh-5.jpg
    moh-5.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 148
  • moh-6.jpg
    moh-6.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 163
  • moh-7.jpg
    moh-7.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 141

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perfect! I couldnt have asked for a better explanation/pictures. I'm going to tackle this when I get home. I have a feeling this is my problem.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you find that this is the problem I would suggest that you make repairs by soldering and using heat shrink on the wires

If not get back to me and we can do some trouble shooting or contact stamp11127 for his help

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No such luck. I found the wires, but mine were not purple. They were the only things in that harness that looked the same. IIRC they were black with green tracer. maybe blue? hard to tell the color in the garage
The color difference maybe because mines an 05?
The wire loom was very wet once I got to it. The wires inside weren't as wet, but damp. I found the probably suspect wire, stripped the "shrink tubing" off, and found the pressed solder/weld joint. I cut that out and soldered each set of wires to each other and soldered the 2 ends together.

right after I finished soldering, I tested it. Truck worked just as it should. So I put the look back together and tried to unlock the doors to get to the parts I put on the back seat.
Nothing happened. Dead again. I fiddled with the wires some more thinking maybe one fell out of the solder or something like that. But everything was just fine with my joint.

Yesterday before I did all the work, I drove it around at lunch and the doors would try to lock while I was in gear driving at various speeds. Like the module was resetting it self and thinking it was the first time I was moving in gear. Like it does when you take it out of park and start moving, it locks the doors.

Then a bit later the Door Sensor Error and TPMS Error would flash again. When those errors went out, the doors would try to lock again when the module came back alive. It was very intermittent.

So now I have everything left undone trying to see if drying it out makes it work.

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the drivers side wire loom completely unwrapped. I cannot find any purple wires that have a junction there. Nothing that looks anything like whats in those pics. I have a ground union that goes to the ground point by that loom. There is also a 2 into 1 union of a black wire with a light blue stripe. And a 2 into 2 green wires with a purple stripe.

Did the location for this junction change for my 2005? Or maybe the colors?

Ryan Taylor

Reaction score
Im having the same issues on my 05. Found a vsm on eBay for $50. But gonna dig into those wires first.