Electronic throttle body bad or TPS sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I notice that when I give my '08 a little throttle and hold it it steady it actually revs up a small amount, and throughout the gear shifts I either have good acceleration or not so good.

I know I dont have direct control to the throttle plate but it is really erratic throttle input.

Should I consider replacing the throttle body, (I guess comes with new motor), or should I look at the throttle position sensor?

Maybe I should run my Torque Pro app or Forscan to see if I can see something.

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, I got to do something. Its just weird it changes the throttle without me making a change with my foot.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was just reading on line that the electrical section of the throttle body acts up, that part is available separate, if after diagnosis you find your problem lies there. As Bedrck stated check connection up to it for clean connection, as well as securely mounted. Are you receiving any codes on scanner!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I am considering buying a throttle body motor for about 60 bucks, and possibly a throttle position sensor.
911-102-007__ra_p.jpg

If it would ever warm up and quit raining I could do something.

Here is something that is weird. Now that I have a K&N CIA of course the intake noise is much louder when you get into the gas. I expected that and that is ok with me.

But I have noticed when the motor is cold and I am slowly moving along and it shifting gears as I go down the road there will be a deep moan come from the motor just after it shifts but with no increase in rpm or speed.

I did one check with Torque Pro of the throttle position in actual and desired last sunday and I am seeing some weird line chart comparisons.

Will do another test later.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can test your tps switch with a basic volt ohm meter. The tests are available online. The part that would concern me is the smooth voltage swing while opening throttle, since that's where your issue is. Voltage should start at a little above 1 volt and smoothly increase to about 4.5 to 5 volts if tps is functioning as normal.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360