Engine almost stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terrym21

Reaction score
My engine almost stalls, not often, but getting more frequent. It always happens in a situation like letting off the gas to brake at an intersection but then immediately pressing on the gas again before coming to stop, usually while making a turn. My mechanic said it sounded like a sticky throttle body or something like that. He said he sprayed some cleaner in it. That didn't help. I'm wondering if there is a throttle position sensor that may be going bad. Any other suspects?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before you or your mechanic attempt to change the tps switch, along with the stuck screws that hold it down. Run a dtc codes check first. Also use an volt ohmmeter and check voltage when moving throttle as well as idle voltage. If memory serves, it should be about .6 to 1.0 volt with no throttle, and should smoothly swing up to about 4.5 volt when moving throttle. These measurements should be done with engine off. Procedures are online if you need more help.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk