Engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liljerryjr

Reaction score
Engine light bank 1 bank 2 lean. Truck runs good. Replaced ox sensers an map senser . light still on .replace gas cap.light still on. Replaced hoses. What next? Light on for a year now.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WOW you been a member since May of 2012 5 years and this is your first post and your light has been on for a YEAR NOW

First What took you so long to ask for help Seems to me that your not in any hurry to get it fixed

Second it would be nice to know what year expy you have

Third What are the code/s that you are getting?

Fourth Why did you replace the " ox sensers an map senser"

Fifth What other troubleshooting have you done.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like he is tossing parts instead of diagnosing the problem.
Lean on both banks means intake and/or gaskets are letting too much air into the engine.

OP
OP
L

liljerryjr

Reaction score
Po 171 po 174 2001 expedition runs good starts good. Idle good. But has lean codes. 5.4 egr good.pcv good. Somebody told me maybe fuel pump gasket leak? New gas cap.

Bruce Mitchell

Reaction score
I had Check Engine light for bank 1 & bank 2 too lean. Replaced fuel filter - cleared codes & reset CEL; 3K miles since repair and no recurrence...

1999 EB 5.4 w/228K miles, BTW.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had Check Engine light for bank 1 & bank 2 too lean. Replaced fuel filter - cleared codes & reset CEL; 3K miles since repair and no recurrence...

1999 EB 5.4 w/228K miles, BTW.

Most likely you were lucky that is was something simple. Many other things can cause the same problem.

How long was the filter in the fuel line??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360