Error Codes P0022 & P0299 EXPY 2017 EL XLT 106K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppurdom

Reaction score
I was on my 3rd trip this summer from Orange County to Grand Canyon. The truck seemed to be performing well mid-press accelerator up the mountain pass I-15, I had to ease up and not go 90+mph. wanted to stay around 80mph.

Had exhaustion and pulled over, couldn't rest and went another hour. Next day got into AZ fine, got Coffee. Then on way up to Kingman CEL went on. pulled into an O'Reilly's and OBD-II and got error code P0022 and P0299.

other side notes:

On trip to Colorado earlier I noticed my mpg different by 1 mph better even though I picked up speeds 90+ to try to catch a lightning cell storm to photograph. Seems to come and go 1mpg difference even when speed, road should get worse not better. We also have an iKamper RTT tent that drags a lot at greater than 75mph. At time i thought it was electric cooler being pulled in vs out.

Second trip: Preparing for a trip to Oregon, I had transmission oil changed. They seemed to break seat switch and I replaced it.

I stopped in Kingman on 3rd trip after CEL. 106K miles. Truck went into limp mode going up into Kingman. It would only go above 1500rpm if I continued to press pedal. Speed was around 75 and would drop to low 60s on the hills/tiny mtns and the passes.

Wondering what to expect/do. We have also had a weird door trouble that seemed to lead to a partially messed up APIM module (loss Sync - Media and Sync - Phone). Fixed door by resetting door code (lasted a day) and then was able to use outer handle and Fab to unlock and open. Before could only use inner handle.

Idle has been a little less smooth and power seemed down to 95%. Seemed like the engine had worn to what might be expected at 100k miles. I still expected to have a motot last 250-300K until these codes. How common is this and am I also going to need to replace the engine 100K down the road, too?

btw 3.5 ecoboost engine on the 2017 expy.

I erased the codes to see if they come back and how long. So far 20 miles and nothing. will do 200+ down to San Diego early next week

Thanks everyone with input.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire