Evap gross leak. Curious canister vent symptoms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rnettleship

Reaction score
Got it through inspection by using the toggle switch to close the canister vent. Now I have some time to test what signal if any I am getting out of the PCM.

OP
OP
R

rnettleship

Reaction score
I put an ohm meter on the lead from the PCM that is supposed to supply a ground to close the canister vent. When the PCM runs the running loss monitor I get nothing on the lead so it looks like the problem is in the PCM itself. I checked the grounds on the PCM and they all seem good. My best guess is that when someone damaged the wiring harness at the rear of the car it also damaged this part of the system. Looks like I'll just need to live with the CEL and use my toggle switch to get it through inspection in another 2 years. In the end the evap system works fine, it's just the method of testing doesn't

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The funny thing about this thread is, the problem is most likely due to a burnt ground for the canister. I have the same exact issue, and I happened to find a burnt yellow wire in the front, which leads to the small evap valve/canister-thing. Seems like it melted from the engine heat, it somehow made direct contact.