Ex Police units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atarra16

Reaction score
I bought my 2009 from the PA State car auction. It needed two fixes but engine and tranny seem to be fine. I did a Car Fax and it has been regularly serviced at a Ford dealership. Anyone here have one that had a P title?

yaknamedjak

Reaction score
Yep!

I bought mine at the end of November, from a used dealer who buys from the PA auction. Looks like mine was Motor Carrier Enforcement based on my light decal outlines/oxidation and Google Images.

2007, bought it with 95k on the odometer, paid more than you since it was from a dealer, $6k. So far I love it. It does have a lot of rust, though, where no one can see it. Tough thing about PA and all the salt. The only

I run EMS and will be essentially re-upfitting it a bit. My center console from Troy should arrive today. My push bar was a bit faded and rusting so I hit it with a couple coats of spray-on roll bar rustoleum. Looks a lot better. Ford emblem was faded completely, replaced it, looks a lot better. Wish I had an 09, but happy with mine. Other than the rust it is VERY clean. Doesn't seem like it got much use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Atarra16

Atarra16

Reaction score
Mine had 123485 miles. Had to get it inspected, no serious rust issues. Seems to be running fine for now. I would get another as soon as I can save some $$.

yaknamedjak

Reaction score
Yeah! I have had a few people look at it. There's a leak in my exhaust manifold (rust) so I have loud cold starts, and there was basically a hole in the passenger side floor pan/firewall. I had the hole sealed properly, so that's fine. Haven't gotten around to the exhaust manifold. Probably going to be a little expensive in labor.

Other than the rust, it's been looked at by several people mechanically and they all agree I got a great deal. I'm very happy. When this one has served me beyond its ability, I'll certainly be heading to the PA auction myself.

Cool to find someone else with a PA Trooper Expy! I'll be making a thread on RadioReference documenting/photographing my upfit. Will post a link here when that's up.

OP
OP
Atarra16

Atarra16

Reaction score
I have the websites for both the PA sale site and the Manheim site. The Manheim site has photos of all the cars being auctioned. Let me know if you need them. This Expy is the 8th vehicle we have bought from the auction. Right now we have 3, F350, and a 2011 police interceptor.

yaknamedjak

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, found the Manheim one. Lots of stuff. That's great to hear that you've purchased a lot from them. Any horror stories? I plan on keeping this vehicle 'till it's cheaper to buy another one than repair it.

I don't actually live in Pennsylvania, in fact I found the expy on autotrader from a dealer in Maryland, ha! My registered state is VA but right now I'm in NJ, and spend a lot of time in NJ, NY, and MA. All over the place.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Weren't you guys worried about the motor as these cop car/trucks/SUVs are run hard everyday.

OP
OP
Atarra16

Atarra16

Reaction score
This was a K-9 unit vehicle. I did a car fax and it was serviced at a dealership every 4-6 thousand miles. My husband bought a ford crown vic, police interceptor a year ago and loves it. My thought is police vehicles are better maintained than other state vehicles. So far so good.

yaknamedjak

Reaction score
I wasn't worries about the engine since they have to be kept in good service for police as well. I wish I had noticed more of the rust, but I learned for next time. Mine only had 95k on it, I believe it was used for motor carrier enforcement. Not a ton of use. I'll be making a thread over on RadioReference.com of my install I'm doing for volunteer EMS response, which I'm almost done with. Will link here or on this forum somewhere.