Expedition Ecoboost Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jdeshong

Reaction score
Here is a dyno graph on a 2015 Expedition from Livernois Motorsports. They show stock at 316 rwhp/354tq and 393hp/436tq tuned. The graph doesn't seem right on the lower rpms because torque should max out at 2500rpms stock. The video is on youtube

upload_2017-12-5_14-2-0.png

upload_2017-12-5_13-48-28.png

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Without knowing if they are running the SAE corrected standard (except for the 2017 chart), the dynos themselves could account for the differences between the numbers.
I trust Livernois and I trust 5-Star, and without access to a dyno myself, there’s no real way to say what the actual output is. I’d expect my output at the rear wheels to be quite a bit lower than someone with a 2WD on stock tires.
Perhaps after the new year I can find time to get out to 5-Star or find somewhere more locally to have them play with things.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think people selling hp boosting technology lowball stock performance, and maybe fudge a bit with their own results. Not saying they're telling fibs...just nudging the numbers a bit.

Then again, we seem to trust Fords' claim of 365 as the rock-solid baseline. Maybe that number is a bit fudged also?

It would be nice to see a clear cut dyno run performed by someone who doesn't have a dog in the hunt for horsepower.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Um, at the end of the day, I’d be absolutely thrilled with a 77hp gain with a merely just a tune...regardless of where in the drivetrain it shows up. Saving my pennies for this when my warranty is done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
J

jdeshong

Reaction score
I've been waiting impatiently for 4 days now and still have no tune files from Livernois. They did email on Monday saying my vehicle had a newer updated Ford strategy code which wasn't in their database and would take a little longer. I don't get that because my truck is a 2015 which is 3 years old now, it's not like it just came rolling off the showroom floor. :(

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been waiting impatiently for 4 days now and still have no tune files from Livernois. They did email on Monday saying my vehicle had a newer updated Ford strategy code which wasn't in their database and would take a little longer. I don't get that because my truck is a 2015 which is 3 years old now, it's not like it just came rolling off the showroom floor. :(

They're adjusting the phase inducers before they can install the Heisenberg Compensator. You don't want to have a tetrion leak, do you?