Expedition Ecoboost Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just change the blinker fluid and your truck will be gobs faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Be careful with that one. If you don’t de-magnetize the floor mats before you change your blinker fluid your backflow preventer is prone to an overcharge. You can say goodbye to your spark plug resistors and muffler bearing at that point.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be careful with that one. If you don’t de-magnetize the floor mats before you change your blinker fluid your backflow preventer is prone to an overcharge. You can say goodbye to your spark plug resistors and muffler bearing at that point.
Another thing to be careful of is if the base plate of pre-famulated amulite becomes detached when adding blinker fluid, the ambifacient lunar waneshaft can cause side fumbling in the unilateral phase detractors.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered my SCT from 5 Star. Got a bunch of trips lined up beginning of the year where I'll be pulling my toy hauler with SxS in it. I'll be right at max towing capacity. Looking forward to that extra power

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing to be careful of is if the base plate of pre-famulated amulite becomes detached when adding blinker fluid, the ambifacient lunar waneshaft can cause side fumbling in the unilateral phase detractors.

Well aren’t you an optimist, that’s rare but can happen, way to look at the bright side (sarcasm). If that plate of amulite becomes loose or worst case brakes off it can make it’s way through your hyberbulatized heat exchanger system through to your Kuhneutson Valve and clog it opened allowing liquid unobtainium into the crank gear liner, effectively destabilizing the demystifyer causing your full port alternator to overcrank. And as if all that is not enough I’ve seen it cause a blown Johnson Rod. Yep, do your maintenance folks.

Last edited:

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/hypertech-max-energy-2-0-first-impressions.33571/

I am using the Hypertech on my Expedition, and LMS on the Edge. LMS(Livernois) is definitely better but the Hypertech's 87 tune on the Expy is great for half the price of LMS. Plus the Hypertech could be moved to MANY other vehicles if the Expy is traded in.

Hey Loki,

You've helped out a lot of guys around here, especially in regards to the Sync systems and subsystems so I value your opinion more so than someone who was selling for themselves certainly but also as you've displayed that you're a knowledgeable, experienced guy with this tech.

So here's the question.....if money wasn't part of the equation, would you opt for the LMS or stay with the Hyper?

And here's why I ask. I suspect that the Hyper will do everything(& more) that I am likely to ever require. For me, I can plug & go...fine, I'm good with that. I don't need to reinvent the wheel to upgrade my truck, I just need to pay for it. So, is it as I guessed, that for most of us that really don't feel like laptop time, the Hyper is great.......but for those who feel the need to dive in and see how it all ticks, they should opt for the LMS?

Folks should know that for anything but P&P, you'll need to buy the interface as well.....Loki, please correct me if this is incorrect!!

jeff

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Loki,

You've helped out a lot of guys around here, especially in regards to the Sync systems and subsystems so I value your opinion more so than someone who was selling for themselves certainly but also as you've displayed that you're a knowledgeable, experienced guy with this tech.

So here's the question.....if money wasn't part of the equation, would you opt for the LMS or stay with the Hyper?

And here's why I ask. I suspect that the Hyper will do everything(& more) that I am likely to ever require. For me, I can plug & go...fine, I'm good with that. I don't need to reinvent the wheel to upgrade my truck, I just need to pay for it. So, is it as I guessed, that for most of us that really don't feel like laptop time, the Hyper is great.......but for those who feel the need to dive in and see how it all ticks, they should opt for the LMS?

Folks should know that for anything but P&P, you'll need to buy the interface as well.....Loki, please correct me if this is incorrect!!

jeff
I know the question was directed for Loki but I felt I needed to chime in. Both the Hypertech and Livernois tuner are just flash tuners with “canned” tunes. I don’t think either one gives you the ability to adjust the tune as far as fuel and timing go. I think it’s just up to who you think has better tunes will determine which one you go with. I know you can adjust things like shift points, tire size, etc. with both tuners but I don’t think you can adjust things like fueling and timing. For that I think you would need something like HP Tuners where you can actually plug in and adjust the oem map

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Loki,

jeff

Jeff, I appreciate the question.

I have had A LOT of experience with tuners over the years, most in the VW and Truck Diesel world. I have learned to tell the good from the bad.

Honestly LMS is top notch! I use them for my Edge, and they really aren't what I would call canned tunes. Anthony@LMS will tweak tunes, and you get 4 on the tuner at any point. You don't like the 4 you have, just put in a request, have him make some changes, and hook the tuner up to your laptop, and it pulls down the updated tunes. Plug it in to the car, and load the tune, and drive. There is ZERO you can change on the tuner as far as shift points...or anything else. They are on base tune revision 3, that was released a few weeks ago for the Edge. They have done regular work to keep improving the tunes. My current tunes for my Edge are:

93 v3 Performance
93 v3 Performance - Early Shift (WOT shift point is a couple hundred RPMS earlier, it has proven to result in a .2 faster 0-60 on the Edge)
93 v3 Performance - Early/Firm Shifts (Basically for me a 1/4 mile tune)
87 v3 Tow - Early Shift

Cost: $599

Hypertech is more of what I would call canned, but has more user adjustable settings. Total power I think even with 93 tune on both is less with Hypertech, because their tunes at all levels are rated for full Towing capacity. You can change the TCMS pressure setting, Tire size, adjust idle RPM, shift points per shift, and many other things. I run the 87 Tune, with all the Street options, and it is perfect for the wife's daily driver. I upped the TCMS setting so that I get a warning earlier for a low tire. I will adjust the Tire size when I do the lift. My cost was $260, but I caught an Amazon re-seller with a deal. They are being cost controlled now it appears at $349.

I think the better overall tune is LMS, but the Hypertech is GREAT bang for the buck, plus has a few easy user adjustable things that the LMS does not have.

Hope that helps.

-Ray

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Ray.....as you surmised, I was trying to frame the question to tee it up for your answer for you so it would read exactly as you have written it....THAT should be a "Tune sticky"

Reading it, it's easy to infer from your plain, easy to understand description of both......and from what I observed with your hyper charts....well worth a 300 buck outlay and includes a "safety" of sorts by being a bit lower in total HP....the owner should have no fear of lower end issues that they MIGHT in higher HP solutions.

Thanks Loki

jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze