Expedition Ecoboost Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know it was addressed to Loki, but throwing my two cents in here, my 5-Star tune’s transmission tuning is what leaves me wanting the custom tuning more than anything. Even under WOT, it shifts like it is trying to do anything and everything it can to avoid letting you feel it. If the engine didn’t play dead during shifts, you’d have to watch the tach to notice it actually did shift. It’s that smooth.

My Coyote-powered F-150 would spin going into second and chirp third on 35” LT mud tires. Same transmission, slightly more HP, far less torque, but there’s no reason for the PCM to pull ALL the power out of the engine like it does.

OP
OP
J

jdeshong

Reaction score
I received my tune files and loaded the 93 performance tune. Very happy with it so far, I noticed right away that the shifts are much quicker/firmer but still smooth the way it should have been from the factory. You can definitely feel the extra power as well, part throttle boost kicks in fast and feels close to WOT stock. I did a couple standing WOT runs with traction control off and the tires don't light up in smoke but they screech and beg for mercy about halfway through first. I would love to take this to a track one day just to see what 1/4 time would be. Feels like maybe a high 13 low 14.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad you like it. A tune on these trucks is such a huge improvement versus an NA vehicle.
The bang for the buck is amazing.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like that everyone toss in their 2 cents.....because it helps to show that varied views.

I'm a HP guy, like many of us. I have always loved acceleration over top speed. I design my own engine porting and build two stroke high performance engines for fun. They are deadly fast and I've had to restrict who I build for accordingly after having one client Ghost-White after returning from his "maiden ride"...he had lied, he was not ready for a fully built two stroke engine and sold the bike two weeks later.....but here's a little food for thought.

Anyone entertaining the idea of a "tune"....take a look at the semi-manual mode for shifting your truck.....get familiar with the little button that falls to your thumb as you grip the shifter....learn how to triple-click it instantly....then, from 65MPH, drop to 3rd and open the throttle body all the way............the sheer acceleration is phenomenal for a 6000 pound truck.....learning how to maximize what you already own is typically the difference in a race. We competed at high levels with much less-than what the factory guys rode...because we knew how to maximize every foot of the tracks, keeping in the powerband, and learning very late trail braking back on skinny tires when NO ONE trail braked.......also I can't help but recall that LMC reported serious lower-end issues at the 420HP mark or higher....kind of makes me think that as much as I'd love an "extra" 20-50BHP.....I also like that safety factor of "only" producing the stock 3.5's 365HP for my truck.

Just a little food for thought guys....

jeff

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that everyone toss in their 2 cents.....because it helps to show that varied views.

I'm a HP guy, like many of us. I have always loved acceleration over top speed. I design my own engine porting and build two stroke high performance engines for fun. They are deadly fast and I've had to restrict who I build for accordingly after having one client Ghost-White after returning from his "maiden ride"...he had lied, he was not ready for a fully built two stroke engine and sold the bike two weeks later.....but here's a little food for thought.

Anyone entertaining the idea of a "tune"....take a look at the semi-manual mode for shifting your truck.....get familiar with the little button that falls to your thumb as you grip the shifter....learn how to triple-click it instantly....then, from 65MPH, drop to 3rd and open the throttle body all the way............the sheer acceleration is phenomenal for a 6000 pound truck.....learning how to maximize what you already own is typically the difference in a race. We competed at high levels with much less-than what the factory guys rode...because we knew how to maximize every foot of the tracks, keeping in the powerband, and learning very late trail braking back on skinny tires when NO ONE trail braked.......also I can't help but recall that LMC reported serious lower-end issues at the 420HP mark or higher....kind of makes me think that as much as I'd love an "extra" 20-50BHP.....I also like that safety factor of "only" producing the stock 3.5's 365HP for my truck.

Just a little food for thought guys....

jeff
Jeff are you feeling better now? Are you sleeping?