expo broke down yesterday need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys yesterday my truck broke down in the middle of driving. battery isnt dead and the motor turns over just fine. from what i could tell i didnt have any oil pressure but i dont know if that was before or after it quit running. checked everything under the hood visualy but couldnt find anything wrong, the truck has 120000 miles on it idk if that has anything to do with it but i was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance on whats wrong with it. i wont have it till later today when i tow it back from a friends house but any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
try spraying some carb cleaner in the intake to see it the fuel pump
is good

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turn the key to ON (but not start) to see if you can hear the fuel pump prime up.

What year is yours again, 2001?

OP
OP
L

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think that is the problem i just checked it by comparing it to our f250 with the same motor in it nothing in the expedition but i could hear it in the 250 and idea of how much it costs to take it in for someone to fix it vs doing it yourself? how hard is it? thanks for your help

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What, replacing the fuel pump? I've got instructions on how to do it, if you want them. More or less, just a bunch of disconnecting of hoses, using a jack to lower the tank, while loosening the bolts/straps that hold it in.

OP
OP
L

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
actually do you know of the best fuel pump i can get thats good quality and price? need help asap ford wants to charge 400 for oem thanks for your help

OP
OP
L

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got the new fuel pump, strainer, and filter for $140 should have it fixed tomorrow

OP
OP
L

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey elvato my fuel pump just went out again and i cant afford to take it in i need to do it myself, can you send me those instructions? my car is just sitting in my yard