Expy Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The expy still has the massage seatson the platinum. Whenever you see the multi contour seats, thats what they are referring too

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are currently in production but only dealer stock orders right now. One dealer told me theirs is expected at the end of october. I suppose retail or special orders will begin mid to end november. I hope this isnt the case because i woulf like mine end of november(i ordered mine as a bday gift to me)

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my local dealers said they'll have Expys on the lot the first week of November.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So has the “Ok to buy” been issued at the plant yet? Anyone have any news on customer order production?

MiddKid

Reaction score
So has the “Ok to buy” been issued at the plant yet? Anyone have any news on customer order production?

I've been trying to monitor things based on the Ford website. Through trial and error I see a lot of vehicles In Production but none have exited production. Again, this is based on a random sampling, there could be some...would love to see examples others find!

Process:
I went to the Ford website and in the Expy section clicked on "Search Inventory." After extending the radius to 100 miles and filtering for 2018 there are only 3 Expy's in my area. So I randomly changed the zip code to Houston (77001) and now I had 22 Expys to choose from. They are all listed as "Dealer Ordered."

I then picked a random sampling of VINs from that page and searched them on the COTUS website. Each and every one I checked was listed as "In Production" and none were "Awaiting Shipment" or later. This suggests to me that they are still in the early stages production and since non are out of production perhaps OTB hasn't been issued yet.

All reckless speculation!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been trying to monitor things based on the Ford website. Through trial and error I see a lot of vehicles In Production but none have exited production. Again, this is based on a random sampling, there could be some...would love to see examples others find!

Process:
I went to the Ford website and in the Expy section clicked on "Search Inventory." After extending the radius to 100 miles and filtering for 2018 there are only 3 Expy's in my area. So I randomly changed the zip code to Houston (77001) and now I had 22 Expys to choose from. They are all listed as "Dealer Ordered."

I then picked a random sampling of VINs from that page and searched them on the COTUS website. Each and every one I checked was listed as "In Production" and none were "Awaiting Shipment" or later. This suggests to me that they are still in the early stages production and since non are out of production perhaps OTB hasn't been issued yet.

All reckless speculation!
I have had zero luck with that cotus tracing site, it always says the same thing ‘no record of that vehicle, check with your dealer’. This has been with my vehicle and even vin#’s I’ve seen being tracked by another forum.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are currently in production but only dealer stock orders right now. One dealer told me theirs is expected at the end of october. I suppose retail or special orders will begin mid to end november. I hope this isnt the case because i woulf like mine end of november(i ordered mine as a bday gift to me)

That's one hell of a birthday gift. What are you planning for next year. It has to be disappointing. LOL

MiddKid

Reaction score
I have had zero luck with that cotus tracing site, it always says the same thing ‘no record of that vehicle, check with your dealer’. This has been with my vehicle and even vin#’s I’ve seen being tracked by another forum.

Odd. Here’s the first VIN that shows up using my aforementioned Houston zip code. You can see the “In Production” designation.

B0ED66B2-B2D0-4DD0-9617-E69D2365653D.png