Expy Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The expedition hasnt been extensively driven yet for this to be known. The 18 f150 has been out for a bit but not enough for anyone to speak on it. The 17s have the same drivetrain but from what ive read om forums, if you baby and break in the 3.5, you cam easily exceed the epa figures. Of ford rele thought us consumers cared about fe, they wpuldve put the 2.7 in it at launch and it wouldve exceeded many crossovers. For the expy and tahoe to even be able to reach mpg better than some cars while still giving sub 6 sec run times is amazing within themselves

^ Agreed. It's very impressive. I think anything over 18,19 in these rigs is great.

hunter991

Reaction score
my 2010 Sequioa got 18 on the hwy. That was a V8. I did see 19 during the summer when taking it easy. That's why i am so impressed with 24.7 mpg going 63 in a 55. It does go down to 23.1 going 80 mph. But that still pretty good for a full size SUV. Again, wish the Ford got close. I always picked ford over GM except for this time.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can c that since the 15 to 17s got just ok mileage. I think all of us who are getting 18s will be pleasantly surprised and extremely impressed tmwith the new vehicle mileage.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh we will see when people starts driving them. EPA rating are often generous.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Tahoe Starts at:$47,000 new expy starts at: $52,000 winner: Tahoe by 5 grand.

Going to be a no brainer for most buyers.

I agree, there is stiff competition out there and really, Ford needs to stay on its toes because they are the ones with a lot to prove to the market. GM sells TEN times as many Tahoe/Suburbans as Ford sells Expeditions, so the marketplace has pretty much spoken. However this 2018 being a new model, there is great potential for Ford to catch up to GM but they will probably need to sweeten the deal at some point with more incentives. After the first wave of us Expy buyers plucks down MSRP money, or close to it, I bet the incentives will come and the effective price will be closer to the GM offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk