Expy won't crank, buzzing sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mshimon

Reaction score
Hi, sorry to bump and ancient thread, but I wanted to provide my own experience. I have a 2003 Expedition (170k miles) with the 5.4L built 06 January 2003. I had a no start situation a few days ago and I initially settled on the Power Junction Circuit Board being the issue with the integrated R303 fuel pump relay burnt. The truck had symptoms similar to what is described in this and related threads except for the buzzing relay.

After some investigation, it was ultimately determined that I required a new battery. I wanted to let the group know that a dying battery can also cause a similar no start issue. All electronics worked as they should and the truck would crank over fairly hard, but just would not start. I've replaced many dead batteries and this did not seem like the others. I did find some moisture near my relay box, so I have no doubt it will require replacing in the future. Thanks for the helpful threads!

-Matt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360