Exterior Plastic B & C-pillar scratches- polish?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Ieroncig

Reaction score
The outside plastic trims at the B and C pillars really appear soft to me given the amount of scratches they have after only 4 months.

What do you guys use to polish those scratches out?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I personally don't care about cosmetics of a car but being in your shoes I'd recommend that after you figure out how to remove the scratches stop by a window tint shop and have them apply vinyl to them so you wont have to deal with the scratches and they can match any color you want.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Dscustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are crazy soft. I’ll probably slap some wrap vinyl on them when I get tired of trying to keep them shiny

K9 Handler

Reaction score
you can use a polish (not a heavy compound) and either a random orbital or rotary polisher to remove scratches. Then a non-staining wax like Meguiar's #26 to finish them. I do this to BMW's all the time.

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've always preferred Meguiars Plati-X polish for headlights. I'm sure the polish would work well on the pillar plastics.

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Use a really fine finishing polish and then ceramic coat them. If you don't want to polish them you might try some glaze and the ceramic coat it.