"Factory" DVD Headrests and Head Unit / Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Over the last week I've added factory DVD headrests as well as a factory head unit / radio. I'm using the term "factory" to mean OEM devices that could have come as an option originally, but I paid a lot less installing it, compared to what it would have cost to add it to a new vehicle. That's a moot point anyway, because I bought the vehicle used/ CPO. Anyway, if anyone has any questions or is planning to do the same, let me know. We almost went with a Pioneer HU like we did in my 06EB, but decided to go this route instead.

The only difficulty I ran into was when I was installing the head unit. It requires that a 16 pin "T" adapter harness be installed to "C218(A), which I could not find. After spending a lot of time searching the interweb, I finally found that it was located within the steering column.

Headrests took about 2 hours, and Head Unit took about 2 hours. Probably could do it in about an hour though. 20170211_221303879_iOS.jpg 20170216_001842999_iOS.jpg

Qatarguy

Reaction score
Hello
I have a 2011 Expedition and also want to do the same. Could you tell me where you bought the Head Unit and the Headrest units from, and the price?
thank you

OP
OP
Clemson82

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the head unit and wiring harness from infotainment.com. They sell factory equipment and everything you need to install them. It's pricey, but cheaper than if we had added it as an option when the vehicle was new. (We bought it CPO though). The "factory" DVD headrests were purchased from a local Ford dealer that just happened to have some in stock. They were ordered in 2012 and the person that initially ordered them never picked them up, so they gave me a really good deal on them as they've been sitting for a while. I'm not sure where else you can buy them brand new, I always check E-Bay though. The wiring instructions are easily available on Google and they were really easy to install.

Qatarguy

Reaction score
Thank you, i will check out the infotainment.com site and learn more.

Mubarakma

Reaction score
Hello
I have 2010 Limited with oem nav and rear seat overhead DVD player I want to fix Dual headrest DVD that came with Limited 2011+ is it plug and play any special harness to be used
Thank you in advance

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you post the Google instructions you mentioned for everyone to have easy access to? Also, if you could, please post the directions/instructions of how you went about the install...specifics are great for those of us considering this option.

Thanks.

Mubarakma

Reaction score
Thank you very much
it will be appreciated if you write P/N I will fix them and keep the overhead unit as decoration
Regards