Fake Engine Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What exactly does it sound like in the Platinum trim level? It's not the high pitch turbo sound is it?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What exactly does it sound like in the Platinum trim level? It's not the high pitch turbo sound is it?
There is definitely a turbo whine/hiss. But there is also an additional sound that is not quite "V8 grumble" and not quite "Honda civic being wrung out". If I didn't know it was fake, I wouldn't think it was. In other words, it sounds good...not as good as the 5.0 coyote in my F150, but still good. And very quiet, you really only hear engine noise if you get deep into the accelerator, although you do almost always hear some turbo noise.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks!

If I do the FS update, do I lose the turbo sound?
I haven't the first clue. I will say, however, the turbo noise sounds like it's coming from behind me (which is mechanically impossible, I know). So that leads me to believe it is fake and may be lost with an update. But I am speculating wildly here.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't the first clue. I will say, however, the turbo noise sounds like it's coming from behind me (which is mechanically impossible, I know). So that leads me to believe it is fake and may be lost with an update. But I am speculating wildly here.

Interesting a day of differing opinions ;) I really only hear the whine when i have my window open and it sounds like it is coming from outside. Interestingly I never heard in my twin turbo X5

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what is FS update?

i have never heard the turbs in the vehicle. only when the windows are down. i do not think there is any turbo noise artificially introduced to the cabin.