Fake Engine Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will add this on the '16 Expy not sure of others but would assume all Eccoboost are the same, the sound does come out behind you sort of...did anyone look under the truck or change their own oil? There is a fiber sound panel that must be removed to change the oil. Want more sound, keep the panel off.

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forscan update. There is one to shut off the fake Engine Noise in the cabin, but I like the whine of the turbo and don't know if that is what they mean by fake.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My truck sounds perfect...enough engine noise when I put my boot in it's butt to make me feel like something is happening, and turbo whine to make me feel like I'm in a jet. But quiet enough when I'm going easy to feel like a platinum. I wouldn't change anything.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forscan update. There is one to shut off the fake Engine Noise in the cabin, but I like the whine of the turbo and don't know if that is what they mean by fake.

Are you saying the sound comes over the entertainment system speakers?

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Ford lost points on putting "fake" V8 sound in new Expeditions. The Mustang had engineers tune the exhaust. They gave it the perfect balance of smooth and loud. I am guessing its not exhaust, but actual mechanical noise simulation. I think they are hiding turbo whistle and blow valve pop.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hahahaha that is the funniest thing I heard today.

Update...yes it is true on the new Mustangs, still not sure on the Expy. I know my '16 XLT does not have it.

More and more vehicles these days have it; it’s becoming more the norm as more cars move toward smaller displacement and turbos. The Germans have been using amplification or straight-up audio tracks for quite some time now. Here is a pair of videos showing a BMW “from the factory” and then with the amplification fuse pulled:

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems as though we still don't know exactly what is fake vs real when it comes to the noise though, correct?