Favorite Features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2018 expys/navis are fast approaching, less than 2 months and dealers are taking orders and putting up videos showing them off. Since its so close, what are you guys and gals favorite/least features or most anticipated feature or option for the vehicle. Maybe its a change to an existing thing on the current expy that you like or dont like. Below are mine:

Fav:
1. 2nd row flexibilty and space, power fold, tilt sliding seats crush the current models sec row seats(the most disappointing aspect of the current car bar interior design)
2. Exterior Looks, all the nods to the previous expys eith the current explorer and f150 design pieces to me make this truck extemely beautiful
3. New safety, expy has always neen one of the safest vehicles and now it retakes that montra
4. Wireless charging
5. Wi fi capability

Least:
1. Interior dash design should be more different than f150
2. No other engine options(2.7l for base and cost effective or 5.0 for traditional buyers)
3. Package layout-too linear and many options arent available without others or on too high a trim...this will most likely change after first my
4. Sync 3 touchscreen and front vehicle sensors not std on a 52k full size vehicle
5. Smaller fuel tanks, 24mpg est on a 28 to 33 gal tanks as on the current model would be amazing, the new ones have 25 to 30 gal tanks, almost 100 missed miles
Honorable Mention-wheel options, not enough choices

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Me & you are very opposite people, I've watched and watched multiple videos and comparisons on the new expedition and I still can't get around to liking it one bit. The 2015-2017 I think was the best looking expedition models. The missing gear knob, the fat explorer look, the transmission, the price... it just goes on and on for me.

My favorite feature would have to be the fold flat seats (even though they had that since 2001)

My least favorite feature would have to be all the unnecessary safety B.S. companies keep stuffing in today's cars. Lane assist, blind spot monitoring, inelegant cruise control... bla bla bla (I think this turned out to a be rant more than actually a specific dislike)

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your not the only one who thinks that lol. The 15 - 17 models do look very good, i feel they just came out a few years too late, it shouldve been a 12 or 13 model year vehicle. I feel alot of peoplr liked the current expy because of its old skoo appeal, and theres nuffn wrong with that since theyll still be around to buy. My favorite design is the 05 to 06 my, its the most timeless in my eyes they still look good today.

I remember the a few times when the expy redesigns got some hate from its customer base, for them to fall in love with the vehicle at a later time. All the 18 expy hate isnt new at all.

Hayes Riviere

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is not much I like about the new Expedition. For starters, I like the transmission because it allows for better fuel economy and towing, as well as the towing assist. Say what you want about electronic babysitters, but I would find that very helpful. I also like the interior, it looks very beautiful, but I hate the new shift knob thing. What is wrong with a nice column shifter or a center console mounted one? I also like how modern it is. Well rather, I don't like it, but I like that Ford is finally giving a damn about the Expedition and giving Chevy buyers a different (and better) option. It gets more people into the Expedition community, because it is better by all means than the Tahoes/Suburbans/Yukons.

It's definitely a good vehicle and brings a lot to the table, which will hopefully get a lot more buyers. The Expedition definitely deserves more buyers as it is a great truck. I don't like the style though. It looks like a crossover that was pumped up with a bike pump. The visibility is worse because the belt line is too high. It has too many electronic babysitters, like lane keeping assist, blind spot protection, advanced cruise control. They're just for lazy drivers and enables more people to just text and drive. Probably the thing I hate the most is the fact that the truck stops and starts whenever it is at a stop light. That would piss me off, and probably isn't too good on the engine. Finally, the price is very high and might ward off some buyers.

Overall, it's a good option for SUV customers, but I don't like the styling or some of the features. However it should definitely get it to the top of the ladder, like it deserves. I'll stay with my 2013 for a while though, and in the future I might get a 15-17. Those are the ones that look the best in my opinion (simple, handsome, and timeless.)

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the exterior looks, the engine on the Platinum and the safety bells and whistles. I love everything about the interior except for the dash, it's too much truck for me. I want something a little more refined for the price of the 4x4 Platinum... therefore , I'm placing my order for a Navigator tomorrow.....So excited

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After watching this video posted by DL, I actually like it a lot more than I initially thought that I would.

That's a good video and it's a nice truck but it doesn't make the 17 look like a dinosaur. We have too much technology in our vehicles now. It's getting nuts and the pricing up to 85 grand. Give me a break.

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, Andy. I love the gadgets and tech, but I'm not sold on the new exterior. Great truck, probably made better, but I'm content with my choice of the '17. Yes, the new 10 speed and gen2 engine would be great.

Terrific video.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, Andy. I love the gadgets and tech, but I'm not sold on the new exterior. Great truck, probably made better, but I'm content with my choice of the '17. Yes, the new 10 speed and gen2 engine would be great.

Terrific video.
I would not want an 18. Like you, I am very happy with my 17. If I could change anything it would to drop in the Gen 2 EB and 10-spd transmission into my 17. If I was going to trade I would probably wait for the 19 or 20 models before I do anything.

johnkn

Reaction score
Likes in no particular order:
2nd row seats slide back for more legroom. 2nd row legroom was a common complaint on previous models.
Much easier to access 3rd row.
2nd/3rd row seats all drop flat and remotely from pushbuttons on rear side panel
rear hatch goes up without touching
Gen2 EB and 10 speed
2nd glovebox
full size tach
remote phone charging
E-locker

The price is the price and is ~consistent with the Industry.

I'm in for a 2018 Black Platinum......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01