Favorite Features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure, that's kind of the beauty of the Expy and for that matter the Suburban/Yukon XL Denali too. They're all sleeper cars. Even the top trims that come in at $80k are unassuming and fly under the radar. I like that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to mention actual legit four wheel drive instead of all wheel. Maybe not a big deal for most buyers but for those that want that option there isn't much to choose from with the seating capacity the Expy offers.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked out the GLS as an alternative, but I didn't like it at all. The rear doors are waaay too long, which makes getting small children in and out of the back all but impossible without them smacking the door into the car next to you. (Lived that dream when we owned a long wheel base Jag XJ8; no desire to do it again.) You'd think that with those giant doors, third row access would be awesome, but you'd be wrong. And the amount of effort required to lock the 2nd row seat back into place means that the parent is stuck performing the entire operation from opening the door, folding the second row, helping the child(ren) get into the third row, putting the seat back into place and closing the door. Finally, good luck finding one with the 2 speed transfer case.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Were you able to drive it...how did it compare on the road(to other vehicles you tried before settling on the expy)...?

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Were you able to drive it...how did it compare on the road(to other vehicles you tried before settling on the expy)...?
I was able to drive it. Like everything in the class, it was no sports car. That said, it seemed rather quiet and relatively car-like in its ride. The interior was rather nice in appearance. The other thing I'd have to give up for the GLS is cargo room behind the third row, as there's not really a "Max" option. And if you're willing to give up that extra cargo room, my top two would be the Nissan Patrol (Armada) or the new Discovery. And I haven't bought an expy just yet: I'm on here because our plan is to buy either an FX4 Expedition Max or a Z71 Suburban sometime in the next 9-12 months. And i really like to lurk the forums before I buy...

Last edited:
OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats good, ive driven the new armadas and they are def nissan smooth, but not much different from the current expy with the std set up. The dash and interior quality is great though, the rear secction lacks room. I just cant get past the looks

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me I think GM wins in the looks department... you can't beat the Yukon front end IMO. I've always liked how fast the American SUV is on any trim level. Even lower end tahoes and expys are fast... faster than the common sedans. I love beating out hondas and toyotas coming out of the toll booths and they can never believe it when a gas guzzler flies right by them after they try to cut you out. The new platinum is going to be crazy fast.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the gm front ends but i cannot stand the side profile looks pr the rear. The chrome surround on the c pillar looks odd, the c pillar itself is 2 big and the rear end is 2 flat which is supposed to be a sporty fast back design. The rear looks off and ill proportional compared to the rest of the vehicle. The rear spoiler is not designed well, the tailights are old skoo for the sake of bein old skoo and the tail glass design is incohesive up close

hunter991

Reaction score
i could have sworn in one of the videos on the 2018 the ford rep said pricing will remain relatively the same. I guess that was a huge lie.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He may have been talkn comparably equipped models but its still a 5k difference. I priced out a tahoe premier and expy limited, the with the same features and the price is exactly the same. Im unable to make any other competitors as equipped as my limited that i ordered and all loaded suvs with the same features are no less than 4k from the msrp of mine.

Last edited:

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked out the GLS as an alternative, but I didn't like it at all. The rear doors are waaay too long, which makes getting small children in and out of the back all but impossible without them smacking the door into the car next to you. (Lived that dream when we owned a long wheel base Jag XJ8; no desire to do it again.) You'd think that with those giant doors, third row access would be awesome, but you'd be wrong. And the amount of effort required to lock the 2nd row seat back into place means that the parent is stuck performing the entire operation from opening the door, folding the second row, helping the child(ren) get into the third row, putting the seat back into place and closing the door. Finally, good luck finding one with the 2 speed transfer case.

So did you get captains seats in the second row to prevent some of what you mentioned above?