Favorite Features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So did you get captains seats in the second row to prevent some of what you mentioned above?
I'm planning to get the 8 passenger version of either* as it's nice to have a "bring the grandparents along" option. The new 2nd row seats in the Expy appear to have a removable center seat (like our Odyssey), which, in my mind, is the best of both worlds.
*Either being the FX4 Expedition or Z71 Suburban

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That will not be the case. The center section can be folded flat but not "removed". You can remove it in a sense that you don't want the seat there at all like some have done their current or older expys, but i can see this being a very difficult with the 18s being the seating mechanism is probably alot more complicated than before and built on rails. It wony be like how the odyssey and some toyotas allow you to unclick them out of position and store.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That will not be the case. The center section can be folded flat but not "removed". You can remove it in a sense that you don't want the seat there at all like some have done their current or older expys, but i can see this being a very difficult with the 18s being the seating mechanism is probably alot more complicated than before and built on rails. It wony be like how the odyssey and some toyotas allow you to unclick them out of position and store.

If Ford could figure that one out, it would be a game changer. A true game changer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacobZ06

Reaction score
No one has mentioned one of the main reasons I just bought a 2017 Expedition rather than wait for 2018...The 2018 will have STOP/START system that will force the engine to shut down at a full stop, then hopefully restart when you step on the gas, pretty much like a old mountain gas golf cart! Two big issues here, one is that driver control is removed at an intersection should emergency evacuation (meth head, drunk or cell texter closing fast) or need to blend into traffic quickly. One flaw in the system over the life of the vehicle and you and your passengers are at risk for no gain other than a few pieces of FED silver environmental credit to Ford. Secondly, with the amount of starter cycles X 10,000 times normal. Wonder who pays for the 2-3 new starters and batteries?
GM has the same stupidity factor and is why I did not buy 2018 Chevy Traverse.

This Stop/Start feature is easily disabled with a simple jumper. Did that on my 2017 F150.

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It obvious there there is a love/hate relationship with some of the whistles and bells, particularly the "babysitters". I'm curious about the experience others are having with the lane keeping assist system.

I've set mine to Alert + Aid and set the sensitivity to high. I understand you have to be going over 40 mph for the system to become active. I see the green arrows come on when the camera senses the lane markings and the right one momentarily goes off when I pass an exit ramp and the strip disappears, but I get virtually no feedback in the wheel if I cross the line, either right or left.

Has anyone else here had any experience with this system? I'm going by the dealership this afternoon to try a different one on the road to see if it's the same. Maybe the service department will need to look at it.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It obvious there there is a love/hate relationship with some of the whistles and bells, particularly the "babysitters". I'm curious about the experience others are having with the lane keeping assist system.

I've set mine to Alert + Aid and set the sensitivity to high. I understand you have to be going over 40 mph for the system to become active. I see the green arrows come on when the camera senses the lane markings and the right one momentarily goes off when I pass an exit ramp and the strip disappears, but I get virtually no feedback in the wheel if I cross the line, either right or left.

Has anyone else here had any experience with this system? I'm going by the dealership this afternoon to try a different one on the road to see if it's the same. Maybe the service department will need to look at it.
I can feel the wheel vibrate subtly, at first I thought it was rough patches of road but I figured it out after the second day. Activating the ‘aid’ feature will turn the wheel to keep the car in the lane, there is no mistaking this at all. What sensitivity is your alert set at? I’m not sure how the Expy is set up but the Navi has sensitivity settings for both lane keeping and lane warning.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can feel the wheel vibrate subtly, at first I thought it was rough patches of road but I figured it out after the second day. Activating the ‘aid’ feature will turn the wheel to keep the car in the lane, there is no mistaking this at all. What sensitivity is your alert set at? I’m not sure how the Expy is set up but the Navi has sensitivity settings for both lane keeping and lane warning.

Agreed.. I actually find it quite disconcerting when say following the curve of the highway (around large corner), and i feel the steering wheel essentially jerk in my hands.. I usually keep to the outside edge on the curves (farthest away from other lane), and the Expy keeps pushing me back into the lane.. lol.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The vibrate though is more subtle i find. It's similar feeling to driving over rumble strips when approaching a stop sign on the highway. (also keep in mind, it wont buzz you if you have your signal on to change lanes).. it's only when you are lazy and go over the line onto the off-ramp, etc, without signaling.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where on the expy is the on off switch? On the Navi it’s on the blinker lever and is easily switched on and off which is great if the wife wants to drive. I used it for the first few days until I got used to the extra girth. Comparing the sensation to the rumble strips is spot on.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its in the vehicle settings tab in the vehicle instrument menu amd thwres a button on the dash next to the yield marker button

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360