Feels like driving over rumble strips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharon Tyler

Reaction score
My 2015 Ford expedition feels like I am driving over rumble strips periodically. It happens while on the highway at highway speeds using cruise control. It’s not a noise, it is a vibration. It happens every few seconds. Each time it happens the RPMs increase slightly. OD is off. Average MPG goes down. Hoping someone here can lead me in the right direction.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2015 Ford expedition feels like I am driving over rumble strips periodically. It happens while on the highway at highway speeds using cruise control. It’s not a noise, it is a vibration. It happens every few seconds. Each time it happens the RPMs increase slightly. OD is off. Average MPG goes down. Hoping someone here can lead me in the right direction.

It sounds like a transmission issue.

When this happens, does OD turn-off, or are you driving with the OD turned off? If so - why are you doing this?

ctanis

Reaction score
I had this exact problem, that slowly got worse. My Mechanic was stumped, but some other forum posts helped me solve the issue.

I have my Mechanic Change the Transmission Fluid and Filter, and it cleared up the problem. A simple fix that costs about $300.