First 3rd Gen looking for a skid plate part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Being that is my first 3rd Gen and my 4th expy. I notice that I don't have a skid plate / splash shied behind the front bumper to protect the front of the engine. Since you can clearly see the belt and all the pullys. Is there one or am I just missing it. Since I can't seem to locate it in the parts listings. Any help?
Thanks

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you maybe make a First or second gen one work? Are there any threaded holes to bolt up to. If not, then your looking to drill and tap, or use thread nuts to bolt a pan up to. If you have to make your own, you'll need a sheet metal bender to do proper, but you can probably fake it with some time, and ingenuity. It won't look as pretty as the factory Ford one on mine, but who cares, nobody besides you, or a tech will see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddb

Reaction score
Look at http://www.rcimetalworks.com/09-14-F-150_c6.htm and talk to Josh. You can get an aftermarket part that fits the F150 and should be bolt on to the Expedition. Also check http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/ Ford dealer for parts listings and you can search for the OEM part.

I'm in the process of buying the engine and tranny skid plates from RCI for my 2016 Expedition XLT EL and will have to fabricate one for the fuel tank using new fuel tank/skid plate straps from White Bear.

Good luck.

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking that, but by the looks of it the 2nd gen seems short. I wish I did have a bend n brake

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theirs a company called grill 4 you auto parts that makes a bumper/ skid plate combo for late model expeditions. 866 633-0839 maybe give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
7L1Z-9A147-A - Fuel Tank (for 119 in wheelbase)
9L3Z-7E063-A - Tranny (I believe this is the correct P/N just double check)
BL3Z-5D032-A - Front.

However, as stated in the above posts I would spend my money with RCI as the factory stuff is light and factory is there to protect against debris not true rocks and such. Also the parts do not include the required hardware so you will need to figure that into the costs as well.

Lastly whoever you go with if you add the fuel tank skid make sure to order the straps. The straps installed at the factory on most do not include provisions for installing the skid after the fact. You do not need to remove the tank but to make it easier I would do it when you are down to an 1/8 of a tank to make it easier to handle the tank during the swap.

Toddb

Reaction score
Engine and Tranny,
On RCI does the f150 plates fit the expy?

According to RCI and posts elsewhere, Engine and Tranny yes.
Transfer case for 131 WB no. Not sure about the 119 WB.
Nothing for the 131 fuel tank. But then that does not look available from Ford either.

As noted if your Expy did not come with skid plates on the fuel tank, you will need to replace the skid plate straps with the appropriate Ford straps. These have studs built in to bolt the skid plate onto.
I got my straps from White Bear Ford posted above. Waiting to burn down the fuel in the tank before changing out straps. I'm just going to get a local metal shop to fab a piece of sheet aluminum for that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkxr4