Ford, Are you Listening? 2018+ Change/Wish List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Ieroncig

Reaction score
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now.
Black Platinum model with ceramic interior. Love it!

Necessary improvement... access to induction charger for cellphone. Not easily laid down or retrieved. Also... not sure if plus sized phones would actually fit!

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Necessary improvement... access to induction charger for cellphone. Not easily laid down or retrieved. Also... not sure if plus sized phones would actually fit!
I don’t have an issue with my iPhone X but was discussing it with my daughter and she said the pad on the dash by the center speaker would have been much better. I have to agree. Easier ingress egress!!

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with my iPhone X but was discussing it with my daughter and she said the pad on the dash by the center speaker would have been much better. I have to agree. Easier ingress egress!!

I agree. How about both can be wireless chargers? The current spot and on the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score

My iPhone X with a skinny case fits in there, but I agree, it doesn't look like the larger size phones would lay flat on the induction pad especially if they had a case. Absolutely agree that access to it is awkward at best. Since the phone has to be plugged into the USB port for CarPlay or Sync AppLink, the wireless charging pad in this location seems redundant. Also, short ~12" USB cables seem to better match the closed quarters.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My iPhone X with a skinny case fits in there, but I agree, it doesn't look like the larger size phones would lay flat on the induction pad especially if they had a case. Absolutely agree that access to it is awkward at best. Since the phone has to be plugged into the USB port for CarPlay or Sync AppLink, the wireless charging pad in this location seems redundant. Also, short ~12" USB cables seem to better match the closed quarters.

In my opinion the Navi is even worse, if you want to use the phone for navigation and charge at the same time. At least with Expy you can still glance down and see the screen if you need to take a quick look. But on the Navi, it’s too hard to do that.

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think if you're using the phone for navigation you have it hooked up to CarPlay or Android Auto… Though you can't do that wirelessly I guess.

Right, and also you won’t be able to use Google Maps or Waze with iPhones, only apples own sub-par maps.