Ford remote start problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Andy, yes I have a CEL. I’ve been getting them since I bought the truck when I give it full throttle it stumbles and hates me and then throws a code. I need to get my laptop in the truck and check it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had that same problem...either coil pack, or fuel filter.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Okay just completing this in case anyone else has a similar issue. I replaced all the interior light bulbs with LED lights and when trying to use the remote start, the horn would beep 3 times, indicating a door was open. replacing all LED bulbs with regular bulbs and the remote start worked fine. I replaced the bulbs one by one and tried starting the car with the remote. It seems that the bulbs in the front dome light (2 bulbs) are what are causing my issue, LED lights in the rear passenger lights and the tail light all allow the remote start to function, but as soon as one of the front lights are replaced with LED's the remote gives the open door message. I soldered a 1K ohm resistor in parallel with each of the front bulbs and everything now works great!! Took 5 minutes and normal service is resumed..

Thanks for all the suggestions and advise.

Gary
Great job troubleshooting!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay just completing this in case anyone else has a similar issue. I replaced all the interior light bulbs with LED lights and when trying to use the remote start, the horn would beep 3 times, indicating a door was open. replacing all LED bulbs with regular bulbs and the remote start worked fine. I replaced the bulbs one by one and tried starting the car with the remote. It seems that the bulbs in the front dome light (2 bulbs) are what are causing my issue, LED lights in the rear passenger lights and the tail light all allow the remote start to function, but as soon as one of the front lights are replaced with LED's the remote gives the open door message. I soldered a 1K ohm resistor in parallel with each of the front bulbs and everything now works great!! Took 5 minutes and normal service is resumed..

Thanks for all the suggestions and advise.

Gary
Thanks for letting us know.

no25

Reaction score
B98C0DC7-59E3-4D81-A3DB-624BA05A5D3D.jpeg Cheap led bulbs don’t turn completely off that’s why your suv thinks the door is open. Same thing happened on my navigator. I fixed it my soldering a 1K ohm 1/4 watt resistor to one of the led bulb leds and now it works great