ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am sure there is a thread somewhere on this Forum discussing ForScan. But People are asking about it in multiple places in this Forum, so I figured a Thread was in order.

What is ForScan?

It is a app used for diagnostics and interacting with the Modules in a Ford Vehicle.
More Info can be found here:
http://forscan.org/home.html

I have worked with this software A LOT since last October when I purchased my Edge. Haven't done much on the Expy, because it hasn't gone for its first service yet. That is next week. After that I plan on getting down and dirty as to what can be changed on the Expy.

There is a sheet the F-150 guys maintain out in the Google Verse. I am going to use that and the info I learned doing the Edge, to build this thread and a sheet of things that work on our later 15+ Expys. Not saying some of there things won't work on the trucks before 15, but since I have a 17, it will be hard to verify.

Here is the Module I use:
View media item 6364There are cheeper Chinese knock off that work too, but I had 2 go screwy on me quick. Figure if that does it during a module change, it could mess something up, so went with a brand name, and have done A LOT of changes using this one.

Here are some examples of what can be changed:
I added the seat and steering wheel heat/cool to the Sync Home Screen, easier to see on my edge this way. Not sure if much advantage on the Expy.
View media item 6362
Climate menu on right MFD.
View media item 6361View media item 6363
More things like the Light out for LED, and auto down mirrors in reverse should be possible also.

-Ray

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am digging moving climate to mfd.
i had seat controls in my F150 2013 on the screen, drove me crazy ,I like the buttons on dash.
But.....its so refreshing seeing what potential custom things are possible
maybe grab boost to be put in the gauge package on the left side of mfd.
the ecm already monitors boost pressure in metric units???
thanks

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
are the same guy over at the f150 forum? about 100 pages of good stuff on forscan

I have an account over there but don't post much. Spend a lot of time on the Edge forums. I am very comfortable in FORScan. We need to filter down the info to those things that will work on the Expy...

Here is a shot of my Radio startup screen...
IMG_0666.JPG

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cool
we had edge, the first year they came out,,,drove the wheels of it from east tex to Albuquerque nm every other weekend for nearly two years....wore it out

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If there is a way to put up a boost gauge I'm all in.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered my OBDII module last night, it shipped today should be here Saturday. I would love to be able to put the tach, oil pressure/ water temp etc on the right side of the MFD.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ordered my OBDII module last night, it shipped today should be here Saturday. I would love to be able to put the tach, oil pressure/ water temp etc on the right side of the MFD.

I know that isn't possible. At least it isn't in the F-150 sheet, and have heard of nobody else doing it. There is an alternative loacation for some of the temps, I will try it on my Edge and see what it does. Had some of modules open on the Edge today, trying to see if I can find Boost and display it. So far, no go.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that isn't possible. At least it isn't in the F-150 sheet, and have heard of nobody else doing it. There is an alternative loacation for some of the temps, I will try it on my Edge and see what it does. Had some of modules open on the Edge today, trying to see if I can find Boost and display it. So far, no go.
Too bad it would be nice to have a fully electronic dash with the ability to put what every we want on the screen. They could get rid of the big speedo right in the middle of everything and go completely LED.

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our '13 Flex had the climate on the right side MFD, so I thought for sure the '15 Expy would. I deff wouldn't mind getting that back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketravis