ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've also been compiling working changes for the Expedition (at least my 2015) here in this spreadsheet. I used the F150 sheet created by Livinitup as a template and have added line changes both myself and others have found to work within this thread. I listed credit in the last column to the individual who found them. I'll update it as more changes are found.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ftOaxYUkHWU1ZEwbIOI_ImhTg40SZdlDIrUNPVs5_z8/edit?usp=sharing
REALLY good stuff!!!

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as I know, my truck was originally sold in NJ, so pretty sure it's a US truck, but just as you found @ads245 my cluster has the option on the right screen, but it is grayed out. Lines 726-09-01 and 726-11-01 were also different in my truck versus my wife's Platinum, but changing both of those lines along with the IPC code (720-02-01 **X*) resulted in the DRLs still being on, but the grayed-out option disappearing from the cluster entirely.
There's something missing that is forcing the DRLs on regardless of the coding in the BCM. The dealer said they can turn them off with IDS, which strikes me as strange that IDS can do it, but Forscan can not. Makes me think there is code changes elsewhere that either don't show up in the As Built data from the Motorcraft site, or we can't access through Forscan.
From what I've found, this issue doesn't affect any of the F-150s ('13-14, '15-18), Super Duties, the 2G Fusion guys have figured it out on the '14-up models (along with activating the option on the IPC), and the Explorer also doesn't seem to suffer from an inability to shut them off either.
If anyone has their IPC and BCM data saved via Forscan on their non-locked DRL truck and is willing to share it so i can compare with my truck, I have some free time to give it a look and see if I can narrow it down. I'd like to eliminate the info straight from the Motorcraft site in case there are inconsistencies. It's the only thing I can think of that might be playing an additional factor.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Thanks for the additional info.

If I read the grid correctly I can enable using the Nav touch screen while driving but that change disables Sirius XM TravelLink. I'd like to be able to use the touch screen but have no clue what TravelLink is or if i can do without it.

-- Chuck

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, my truck was originally sold in NJ, so pretty sure it's a US truck, but just as you found @ads245 my cluster has the option on the right screen, but it is grayed out. Lines 726-09-01 and 726-11-01 were also different in my truck versus my wife's Platinum, but changing both of those lines along with the IPC code (720-02-01 **X*) resulted in the DRLs still being on, but the grayed-out option disappearing from the cluster entirely.
There's something missing that is forcing the DRLs on regardless of the coding in the BCM. The dealer said they can turn them off with IDS, which strikes me as strange that IDS can do it, but Forscan can not. Makes me think there is code changes elsewhere that either don't show up in the As Built data from the Motorcraft site, or we can't access through Forscan.
From what I've found, this issue doesn't affect any of the F-150s ('13-14, '15-18), Super Duties, the 2G Fusion guys have figured it out on the '14-up models (along with activating the option on the IPC), and the Explorer also doesn't seem to suffer from an inability to shut them off either.
If anyone has their IPC and BCM data saved via Forscan on their non-locked DRL truck and is willing to share it so i can compare with my truck, I have some free time to give it a look and see if I can narrow it down. I'd like to eliminate the info straight from the Motorcraft site in case there are inconsistencies. It's the only thing I can think of that might be playing an additional factor.
I'm happy to share my as-built modules from 17 Limited EL. Just let me know which ones you want and I can email them to you.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info.

If I read the grid correctly I can enable using the Nav touch screen while driving but that change disables Sirius XM TravelLink. I'd like to be able to use the touch screen but have no clue what TravelLink is or if i can do without it.

-- Chuck

@chuck s You are correct. Sirius TravelLink is a subscription service where you can pay each month to get satellite traffic updates, gas prices, movie times etc. By enabling Navigation in Motion, you are removing the option for Sirius Travel Link. Basically you are changing the country code from the U.S (which provides the option to subscribe to Sirius Travel Link but disables Navigation in Motion) to a country that does not provide Sirius Travel Link but allows you to use the navigation system while driving. If you want Traffic updates, the Traffic Message Channel uses the radio to provide traffic updates via the navigation system and it's free. Bottom Line: you don't need Travel Link.

Last edited:

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Interesting. Did you purchase your truck new or used? I'm assuming it's used. If it is a U.S. truck then it shouldn't come with the "Daytime Lights" option in the cluster and this would indicate someone played with FORScan on it prior to you owning it. If it is new however, then that would make it really interesting. When I compared a Canadian truck to mine (a U.S. truck) I noticed the Canadian trucks come with a "C" vs an "8" for the X in this IPC line: 720-02-01 **X* which brings up the option in the dash but it's greyed out because in Canada per law DRLs always have to be on.

With the F150 guys, there is another line (in addition to the line that turns on the DRLs) that activates the dash option to allow the DRLs to be controlled from the screen. I just haven't been able to figure out which line and what change is needed for this.

I'd be happy to send you my As-Built file as well, just let me know.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So here's the mind-blowing part: I spent the morning comparing 4 different trucks configured identically to mine ('15, XLT, with 202A, 4WD, etc), and every single one had a US country code for the nav, yet they all had a 'C' in 720-02-01. They also did not have a difference in BCM lines 726-09-01 or 726-11-01. To make matters worse, just to confirm that I wasn't crazy, I went ahead and compared to some 2WD XLTs as well. Across the 8 different XLTs I compared, they all have that 'C', not a single '8' unless I look at Limiteds or Platinums. They also didn't vary in the BCM coding either. I'm totally at a loss to explain it.

Now, on the plus side, at least from what I found this morning, I made a spreadsheet as I discovered that all the trucks I looked at the as built data for had exactly the same variations whether they were 2WD or 4WD. This should help narrow down breaking down the code and what it does, as I'm pretty sure that the two IPC codes I found to correspond with 4WD must control the hill descent control option in the left screen.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B131RCDXUAMqTzhqNE9NR0N5eWM

Be aware that I skipped the two trucks I found with a strategy code of FL1T-14C088-CG rather than the FL1T-14C088-EF that the rest of the trucks had. I suspect those trucks were early builds and the numbers for them vary widely.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh this is very interesting, but maybe explainable. With the F150 guys, for the 2015 MY, trucks built before April had the Heated/Cooled Seat icons on the touchscreen and those after April did not have the icons on the screen. For whatever reason Ford decided to change the IPC line to remove the icons. Perhaps this happened with the "Daytime Lights" on the Expedition.

In regards to some of those difference I do know:

• Line 726-44-01 is simply the last five digits of the VIN in hex
  • Line 726-45-01 is the specified final drive gear ratio
  • Line 726-46-01 deals with enabling and disabling speed control. Not sure why the single digit difference here though.

Based on the F150 spreadsheet, it indicates that for line 720-01-01 Xxxx xxxx xx:
'0' is for 2wd and '2' is for 4wd. I think, but I'm not positive, it changes the image in the Offroad Settings in the display.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=676187700

Not sure what the difference in 720-02-01 is though.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My thinking is that because the XLT was used by several companies as a rental, Ford found it easiest to just make all of them have DRLs from the factory so they didn't have to change coding for non-fleet ones. Maybe my logic is flawed though. I'm going to try and dig in to some Canadian Plats to compare with my wife's data, but it's much harder to find Canadian VINs than American ones.

Is it possible that 720-01-01 controls the 4WD image when you go to the offroad menu and 720-02-01 controls whether or not you can turn off the HDC via the advanced vehicle settings? Or vice versa?

You're right about 726-45-01 being final drive, that was an error on my part not noticing that. I didn't look deep enough to notice that every 2WD I looked at had 3.31 gears versus all 4WDs having 3.73s. But my wife's Plat 2WD has 3.73 gears and the 75 there. I can eliminate that.
726-44-01 is supposed to be the VIN in hex, but of all the trucks I looked at, only two digits (**** ***X *X**) actually change based on VIN. Does that seem correct?
Lastly, it would make sense that 726-46-01 deals with speed control and there is a variation between 2 and 4WD trucks. Based on my research, your truck is a 2WD and you compared to a Canadian 4WD truck. That's the single digit variation you had there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketravis