ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ads245
On the 2GFusion spreadsheet, they list the "Secure Idle" as 726-42-01 *X** **** **** as well. The Explorer spreadsheet doesn't list it for anything built before MY16, which makes me wonder if even SSV Expy's had it as a feature. Was push-button start an option on 15-17 SSV Expy's or 11-15 Explorers? If not, it may not be programmed into the firmware just like the climate menu on the IPC is not.

@LokiWolf
I concur with the DRL settings. Those of us who have it factory locked, changing it in FORScan accomplishes nothing. I'll admit it's personal, as I'm installing retrofits when I get back to my truck and the primary reason I got FORScan was to NOT pay the dealer $65 for thirty seconds of work.

Last edited:

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been looking more and more, it seems that 720-02-01 **X* **** ** pertains to the DRL option in the cluster for Explorers, F150s, and Fusions, with possibly Flex's on that list as well. On the Fusion and F150, you add 4 to whatever that present value is to make the option active. In our trucks, without the option is '8' and with it is 'C', which corresponds exactly the same. Which makes me think that either: a) our trucks don't have the firmware to support making it active; or b) it's similar to the Fusion where there's lines in the BCM that controls whether IPC control is allowed.
If anyone is willing to take a shot at changing the variable at that spot to all the possibles from 0 to F and post what the results are, it'll narrow down whether the BCM is the trouble spot.
Not having my truck really puts a damper on research.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ads245
On the 2GFusion spreadsheet, they list the "Secure Idle" as 726-42-01 *X** **** **** as well. The Explorer spreadsheet doesn't list it for anything built before MY16, which makes me wonder if even SSV Expy's had it as a feature. Was push-button start an option on 15-17 SSV Expy's or 11-15 Explorers? If not, it may not be programmed into the firmware just like the climate menu on the IPC is not.

@LokiWolf
I concur with the DRL settings. Those of us who have it factory locked, changing it in FORScan accomplishes nothing. I'll admit it's personal, as I'm installing retrofits when I get back to my truck and the primary reason I got FORScan was to NOT pay the dealer $65 for thirty seconds of work.

@AllBoostNoEco not sure if the '11-15' SSV Expeditions and Explorers had push-button start so perhaps maybe we don't have the firmware to support secure idle.

I'll try and play with the IPC line: 720-02-01 **X* **** ** to see if any other combinations besides '8' and 'C' do anything to activate the dash option.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can attest that the neither of my Expedition XLT trucks had DRLs. Until I literally stumbled across these Forscan notes I was disappointed Ford hadn't included them on my new 2017. I see no reason to NOT want them (but, then, I see no reason for Lite beer and I hear some guys can actually drink it. :) ).

Thanks for the notes on the Sirius radio. I never listen to the radio normally but the past few week ends on long drives I found I could ***** from 1950's,,'60's, '70's, and '80's Oldies with a press of a button on the steering wheel and no local commercials.

I must be on some sort of trial subscription.

I'm running my very nice Garmin on the dash in tandem with Sync3 and when they difer I take the Garmin's guidance. Lack of accurate maps on a new truck is disappointing. There are streets where I live that were physically closed 3 or 4 years ago that still show up on the maps -- but with the Garmin I can edit them out.

-- Chuck
Chuck new 2017 Expeditions came with a six month trial for Sirius and a 5-year subscription for the traffic reporting.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LokiWolf - We need to get together. I will bring the beer.

I would love to turn off the honk when exiting the vehicle with the engine running and having the LED fog lights turn on to be used as DRL's.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LokiWolf - We need to get together. I will bring the beer.

I would love to turn off the honk when exiting the vehicle with the engine running and having the LED fog lights turn on to be used as DRL's.
Mike next time you get out of your truck with the engine running, don't close the door all the way. You can walk away from your vehicle and it will not honk at you, I figured that out by accident. I've parked closed the door left the engine running and walked away and it honked at me. I've parked left the door unlatched with the engine running and walked away - no honk.

Somewhere in this thread someone posted how to do just that. I'm thinking that I want to turn on my fogs and my white parking lights as DLRs.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Andy, do you latch the door enough that the running boards don't go up?

I would also love to find a way to add Waze to my screen. I have an Iphone 8 and even when I plug it in I can only get Pandora or Slacker radio to work. Waze is such a good application.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy, do you latch the door enough that the running boards don't go up?

I would also love to find a way to add Waze to my screen. I have an Iphone 8 and even when I plug it in I can only get Pandora or Slacker radio to work. Waze is such a good application.
Yes, just the first click and the running boards stay down.

I would rather use Waze over the factory navigation but Apple Controls whether or not Waze can be used with car play and right now it will not allow it. If you figure out how let me know. :)

flexitis

Reaction score
I have a flex and I'm ready to try out the DRL option in the IPC and report back.
Regarding secure idle I don't think it has anything to do with push button start since it's a police option and I don't think that police interceptors is push button start.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk