ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Parking lights and turn signals are separate on your truck? Parking light is white?

On my '17 XLT they're the same amber bulb and not useful for DRLs so I've set the bright white fog lights as DRLs.

-- Chuck

He put switchbacks in, white and Amber in the same Bulb.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parking lights and turn signals are separate on your truck? Parking light is white?

On my '17 XLT they're the same amber bulb and not useful for DRLs so I've set the bright white fog lights as DRLs.

-- Chuck
What @LokiWolf said. The standard bulb is a two filament design. The switchback LEDs have white as the normal color and when you turn on the turn signal, it flashes amber. I want to use the parking light with the White LEDs but I can't figure out how to do that without having the tail lights on at the same time which I don't want to do.

LokiWolf, any ideas?

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The problem is in DRL Mode it uses the brighter of the 2 filaments on the classic bulb, that corresponds to the amber on the switchback. Don't think there is any programming to dell it to use the smaller filament.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is in DRL Mode it uses the brighter of the 2 filaments on the classic bulb, that corresponds to the amber on the switchback. Don't think there is any programming to dell it to use the smaller filament.
If there was a way to tell it to use the parking lights (the dimmer filament) white LED without turning on the tail lights, that would be exactly what I need.

Is there any law that says you have to have amber flashing turn signals? Could they flash white? If so I could just put in Bright white LEDs.

flexitis

Reaction score
So far I think the only option that you have for DRL in regards to the switchback is either use turns and it'll be amber but the rear tail lights will not come on with DRL or use parking lamp and that will use your white parking bulb as DRL.but the trade off is that the rear tail light will come on as well.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Okgearhead

Reaction score
Hey guys, love the thread ! I just wanted to know more about the power fold mirrors option to fold when locked and unfold when unlock, I just bought a new 2017 Expedition EL Limited, and that would be awesome to have. I’m also going to do the “Bambi “ mod. Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks guys .

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Ya need an OBD2 interface, a PC, and the Forscan software to start. I bought this wired interface. Plugged into my Win10 laptop and the OBD2 port, ran Forscan, and followed the prompts. Download as many of the "charts" as you see here. Bambi was dirt simple as was activating daytime running lights.

I really wanted DRLs and set the fog lights to DRL. Doesn't change their night function and the Bambi mode work (when set) too. Eliminated the giant green fog light icon in the instrument panel -- it still shows on the headlight switch which I leave on Auto.

I've not played with folding the mirrors as I rarely need them folded and consider constant folding/unfolding will cause excessive wear on the parts.

-- Chuck

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, love the thread ! I just wanted to know more about the power fold mirrors option to fold when locked and unfold when unlock, I just bought a new 2017 Expedition EL Limited, and that would be awesome to have. I’m also going to do the “Bambi “ mod. Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks guys .
I'm looking to do the power fold too. I had that on my 09 Mercedes ML350 and I really liked it

Chuck folding them and unfolding them doesn't cause excessive wear. It's what they were designed to do. Using them infrequently is worse than using them all the time. If the are going to fail I'd rather them fail under warranty. I use them every time I remember but that's the problem I don't remember to do it often enough. Plus I still park in the back of the parking lot so that I'm away from other vehicles, so I really don't need to fold them.