ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far I think the only option that you have for DRL in regards to the switchback is either use turns and it'll be amber but the rear tail lights will not come on with DRL or use parking lamp and that will use your white parking bulb as DRL.but the trade off is that the rear tail light will come on as well.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
That's the conclusion that I have come to unless can figure out how to rewire the sockets but then I would have flashing white lights for turn signals. I haven't tried the 1/2 bright headlights but I read that it will not work with HIDs apparently there isn't enough power to fire the lamps.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I'm confused what you're trying to do. :)

Tried the fog lights? White and seemingly made to be DRLs. As DRLs they turn on automatically in daylight and automatically turn off when it gets dark. Both functions are independent of the headlights or headlight switch. The fog light icon lights next to the headlight switch and the giant green icon on the dashboard (can be turned off).

When it's dark the fog lights function like -- wait for it! -- fog lights -- and dependent on the headlight switch setting. Unless you set them on they stay off in the dark. If set for Auto and the switch pulled out the headlights and the fog lights come on automatically. If the switch is pushed in the fogs remain off when it's dark regardless if the switch setting.

Bambi setting is non-related to the DRL settings either.

-- Chuck

Last edited:

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been a while since there was anything new happening in here, so I figured I'd bump this up now that I've found a little time to tweak things again. I updated ads245's spreadsheet with a couple of things I can't quite recall seeing confirmed previously. I added turning off the seatbelt minder chimes as well as 'Dark Car Mode' which I recall a few inquiries about, but never any confirmation it works on the 15+ model. I can confirm it worked for me.

What are the challenges that need investigating further? Other than the auto-folding mirrors, my tow mirrors don't exactly have power-fold unfortunately.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a while since there was anything new happening in here, so I figured I'd bump this up now that I've found a little time to tweak things again. I updated ads245's spreadsheet with a couple of things I can't quite recall seeing confirmed previously. I added turning off the seatbelt minder chimes as well as 'Dark Car Mode' which I recall a few inquiries about, but never any confirmation it works on the 15+ model. I can confirm it worked for me.

What are the challenges that need investigating further? Other than the auto-folding mirrors, my tow mirrors don't exactly have power-fold unfortunately.
Do you have a link to the spreadsheet?

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I would love to find the answer to that secure idle feature.

The one where you can't take the truck out of drive if the key isn't present in the vehicle?
Afraid I can't answer that one either, as my truck is old-fashioned and still uses a regular key.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one where you can't take the truck out of drive if the key isn't present in the vehicle?
Afraid I can't answer that one either, as my truck is old-fashioned and still uses a regular key.
Yes I've been told, I haven't tried it, but if you walk away with your truck running and the key in your pocket, someone can hop in and drive it until they turn it off.