ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it makes sense. Glad I got my changes in before they did that. I have a couple of final questions now that I’ve comfortably made pretty much all the changes I think I want for my 2015 EL Limited

1. Is a boost gauge definitively not possible to bring up via ForScan?
2. The only other discussion that interested me was auto-folding mirrors and auto closing windows/sunroof. No one has made progress on that either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From what I have read there are two modules that we don't have that are needed to do the auto-folding mirrors. I think they are called the RDM (Right Door Module) and LDM (Left Door Module) if I remember correctly. You have to go to them to make the changes. It is possible that we have the same code in a different module but I haven't looked for it yet

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That has been the main thing I have been working on. I REALLY want a Boost Gauge on the left. Our Trucks are missing the DDM and PDM. Both are needed for those 2 functions best I can tell so far. I was thinking the function might be in the BCM, but so far no. If I figure it out I will definitely post up.

Break down of Modules...some cool info.

https://www.autoenginuity.com/produ...odule-list/#BodyControlModuleCAN14229_sensors

Last edited:

Okgearhead

Reaction score
Great info ! Does anyone know if there is a list of all the modules with their address and what that module goes to ?
( as in... module APIM, address 7DO-01-01, value xxxx xxxx ***, we know this is for heated and cooled seat icon in the home screen.) but what are all the other ones that can be changed that have Restore and Write next to them ?

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great info ! Does anyone know if there is a list of all the modules with their address and what that module goes to ?

That is what the various sheets are in this thread and the info in them.

FORScan publishes easy programming for some things, the rest is done from trial and error, and what other people have discovered.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Is there a way to disable the key fob panic alarm? A spell of cold weather here has put me in gloves this weekend and I've already pressed the panic alarm at the same time as the lock button. Frankly have no need whatsoever for the panic alarm. A software solution would be preferable to cracking open the fob and insulating or cutting the contacts. :)

-- Chuck

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the 15-18 F150 and 16-18 Exploder it’s BCM line 726-37-01, but that doesn’t correspond with our trucks.
726-15-01 is the door keypad enable/disable; -16-01 is Smart Unlock; and -19-01 is Remote Start.
That being said, you are moving into uncharted territory across the model lines for our particular coding.
I’d look at changing 726-17-01 and 726-18-01 to see what effect it has.
-17-01 should be 0101, so try changing it to 0001 and 0100 and seeing if there is any effect. I’m thinking it’s possible one is the horn and one is the lights.
If not, move on to -18-01. It should be 0100 0000, and you could try changing it to 0000 0000 and seeing if that works. If not, I’ll dig down into the later lines of code and seeing what else could be it.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
There is no control or menu setting to switch off the dome/courtesy lights that I can find on this vehicle. If I've just missed it, I'd love to know, because, yes, there are times when having the lights would be useful. There is a control that lets you switch them on when the doors are closed, but no way to switch them off when the doors are open. I missed the ability to have them off like I did with my Suburbans. I agree an easily accessible switch would be best.

I found out today by accident that the 2017 Expy does indeed have a dome light switch. It turns out the dimmer switch is multi-function and has two pressure positions. If you just press normally/lightly the rocker switch either dims or brightens the display. But if you press harder there is a second detent that, when held briefly, switches on or off the overhead lights depending on which side of the rocker you’re pressing.

So my prior posts about this are 100% wrong and I apologize for the confusion. The function was there all along. I guess I didn’t read the manual as well as I thought...

One other note. The separate daytime and nighttime dimming functions are useful and nice. But it’s a huge oversight that the green lamp indicators don’t dim along with the rest of them. Yes, we can disable via FORScan or with some tape but still- that’s a puzzling decision out of Ford.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found out today by accident that the 2017 Expy does indeed have a dome light switch. It turns out the dimmer switch is multi-function and has two pressure positions. If you just press normally/lightly the rocker switch either dims or brightens the display. But if you press harder there is a second detent that, when held briefly, switches on or off the overhead lights depending on which side of the rocker you’re pressing.

So my prior posts about this are 100% wrong and I apologize for the confusion. The function was there all along. I guess I didn’t read the manual as well as I thought...

One other note. The separate daytime and nighttime dimming functions are useful and nice. But it’s a huge oversight that the green lamp indicators don’t dim along with the rest of them. Yes, we can disable via FORScan or with some tape but still- that’s a puzzling decision out of Ford.
Cool thanks for pointing that out. I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Awesome discovery!!!