ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Searched but did not find a way to display actual/individual tire pressures on my '17 XLT. The guys like Loki who have played with this extensively note it ain't there. But I had t see for myself. :)

-- Chuck

More eyes are always good. I really want to know if there is an Expy from the Factory with the feature. Cause then I just need a scan and an export, and I can in theory get the settings for everybody!

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Searched but did not find a way to display actual/individual tire pressures on my '17 XLT. The guys like Loki who have played with this extensively note it ain't there. But I had t see for myself. :)

-- Chuck

Chuck, what was your search meathod? Just curious if you actually changed digits to see the result via trial and error?

nick

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chuck, what was your search meathod? Just curious if you actually changed digits to see the result via trial and error?

nick

The module that other cars have, don’t exist where these settings are. It would be complete trial and error. I changed a few, but without some baseline it is Very hard to know where to start.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
The module that other cars have, don’t exist where these settings are. It would be complete trial and error. I changed a few, but without some baseline it is Very hard to know where to start.

Understood. I’m still looking to isolate/enable secure idle and the trial and error aspect concerns me. I’d hate to mess anything up- even with backups. It would be great to have a full module dump of a SSV to compare with.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest issue with trial and error is that if you don't know what the line numbers mean, it just a shot in the dark. Does Ford have a key that says from this number to that number effects lighting, from this number to that number effects MFD, etc.?

Carl H

Reaction score
I may have had a bit too much beer when I typed that... I was definitely confused with a Durango we test drove, which was huge POS by the way.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, bear with me a sec....my GF's daughter wants to buy her brother a obdi reader for Christmas...she asked me about this one....if it's NOT a decent one, can you recommend one in the same price range? I know she's not going to get much so I'm looking for a value call from you guys who know this stuff...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071FSNL73/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_6icpAb0DEDCKT

As for the brother, he owns a Miata, 02 F150, '77 Fiat....if it makes a difference...I think obdi 1 was in play on his classic.

Forgot to mention...I've used these with a phone app and they do work, pretty well in fact....is she better off with something cheap like this? I usually buy 4-5 at a time then give them away....cheap fun.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-Min...944994?hash=item3af9235322:g:5AgAAOSwm3paINYS

thanks guys,

jeff

Last edited:
OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff, For the price that will do the job. There are better, but the price jumps up quick. As far as ODB1, the reader you linked from Amazon does not appear to do that. The ELM327 will though. Combine those 2 and you have a really good diagnostics suite.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni