ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, to program them you have to put them in the ignition switch and be able to turn them to program them.

It’s been a while since I read it, but doesn’t FORScan allow you to program keys without needing to do the ignition trick?

I don’t believe any XLT came with the push-button start. Mine is a 202A package truck and still has a regular key.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
I wonder if key fob type explains why some 2017 Expy's are able to unlatch the rear glass via the fob or keypad and some can not- like the ones with push button start and/or the gen 2 PEPS keyfob.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if key fob type explains why some 2017 Expy's are able to unlatch the rear glass via the fob or keypad and some can not- like the ones with push button start and/or the gen 2 PEPS keyfob.
I think it was a feature of the older models. With power lift gate Ford seems to have done a way with that feature in favor of the button on the back of the lift gate.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it was a feature of the older models. With power lift gate Ford seems to have done a way with that feature in favor of the button on the back of the lift gate.

I think you’re right...suspect the Expys with the Intelligent Access Key/Proximity key cannot use the keypad trick of pushing the 5/6 button to unlock the glass...only those with the IKT/key can unlatch the glass at the keypad.

TK13LG

Reaction score
Okay, purchased the keys today. Should be here in a few days. I will keep you posted if I was able to add remote start to my XLT.