ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I remember buying blank keys for both my '02 Explorer and '07 Expedition and having them cut at the hardware store. I was told "They won't work.", but I cloned them within minutes using my existing keys. This still work with the '17 trucks? Not sure why I think I need a 3d key anymore though.

-- Chuck

flexitis

Reaction score
On most if not all Ford's if you have 2 keys than you can program a 3rd yourself.
If its push button start than there is a backup slot (on my Flex its in the center console) where you put the key when the key battery is dead or when programming a My Key or to program any additional key.
On the Integrated keyhead I'm not sure how to program it but I'm sure it's in the owners manual.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One quick request. Here in Michigan this winter has been brutal. Very very cold for weeks. As in below zero or single digits. My max 15 minute run time for my remote start isn’t always enough to warm the cabin. Is there a ForScan way to extend that time interval to say 20 or 25 minutes? Anyone ever poked around for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

flexitis

Reaction score
One quick request. Here in Michigan this winter has been brutal. Very very cold for weeks. As in below zero or single digits. My max 15 minute run time for my remote start isn’t always enough to warm the cabin. Is there a ForScan way to extend that time interval to say 20 or 25 minutes? Anyone ever poked around for this?

When you remote start the vehicle after it starts do the remote start procedure again and it'll extend the run time to twice as long.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

15 is the maximum per cycle, 2 cycles before the truck must be started for real.

HockeyPuck99

Reaction score
I am new to this group and have been looking into Forscan to see what I can do with my 2017 Expedition. I have started to read this whole thread but it will take me some time to go through 41 pages :).

Is there a spreadsheet or something similar for a 2017 Expedition. I found the one for the 2015, which I assume would get me most of the information for the 2017. Is that a correct assumption?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am new to this group and have been looking into Forscan to see what I can do with my 2017 Expedition. I have started to read this whole thread but it will take me some time to go through 41 pages :).

Is there a spreadsheet or something similar for a 2017 Expedition. I found the one for the 2015, which I assume would get me most of the information for the 2017. Is that a correct assumption?
Welcome to the Forum. There is a google spreadsheet. Here is a PDF of it. These are the ones that work on the 2017 Expedition. It may have been updated since December so you will have to search the pages to find the links.

Attachments

• FORScan 2015 Expedition updated 12-1-17.pdf
    94.8 KB · Views: 49

HockeyPuck99

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. There is a google spreadsheet. Here is a PDF of it. These are the ones that work on the 2017 Expedition. It may have been updated since December so you will have to search the pages to find the links.

Awesome! Thank you sir!

I'm doing some learning right now so I'll keep reading through the thread but I'm excited to try some of this stuff out.