ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carl H

Reaction score
Carl, Mine is a 2017 Limited EL 4X4 with Sync 3. I'd be happy to share the As built files that I backed up from mine if that will help you.
I saw that you have power running boards from an earlier post. Did you option it that way?

Also, as soon as the truck gets out of the body shop I may hit you up for the AB files!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that you have power running boards from an earlier post. Did you option it that way?

Also, as soon as the truck gets out of the body shop I may hit you up for the AB files!
The power running boards were part of the 301A package which also included the navigation and the power moon roof.

Just let me know and I can upload them to Dropbox. :)

HockeyPuck99

Reaction score
That is a good question. Wouldn't mind finding that out as well. Often I close the driver's door and by the time I open the passenger door the running board is on the way up and then it reverses and goes back down. So I would mind adding 1 or 2 seconds to it.

I did not see anything in the F150 spreadsheet or forum for the running boards, so it looks like we are out of luck for an easy answer and it will take some experimenting to figure out. Unfortunately, I am just getting started with Forscan so I don't even know where to start when it comes to experimenting haha.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not see anything in the F150 spreadsheet or forum for the running boards, so it looks like we are out of luck for an easy answer and it will take some experimenting to figure out. Unfortunately, I am just getting started with Forscan so I don't even know where to start when it comes to experimenting haha.
Maybe one of the more experienced guys might know if the running board stow delay can be reprogrammed.

@LokiWolf have you seen anything on this in your research?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I grabbed the "as built" data for my truck in the last couple of days ago based on the link so gratefully provided earlier. I've no clue what a .AB file may be but it's VIN specific. It printed out nicely as a .PDF file and is stowed with my Forscan information should I ever need it.

The list is just the hex addresses and hex data -- no text as to what each line means.

-- Chuck

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My thinking is that because the XLT was used by several companies as a rental, Ford found it easiest to just make all of them have DRLs from the factory so they didn't have to change coding for non-fleet ones. Maybe my logic is flawed though.

Late to the game but mine was a rental. On the CPO sticker it lists DRL as an installled option. Also from another thread somebody said dealer told them DRL was a fleet order option only.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess if you want to be stealthy or if you are doing something illegal and you don't want your interior lights to give a way your position. :secret::secret:
Drive in movie theater and trips. Kids bathroom trips at same. Night vision camping.

flexitis

Reaction score
Incorrect. Steering wheel controls work with CarPlay and Android Auto.
I wasn't talking about steering wheel audio controls. I was talking about using the phone option on the steering wheel.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk