ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can confirm that removing the double honk worked on my 2017 Expedition.

BdyCM 726-16-01
Was: 0111 46
Now: 0101 46

Not shaming you, but trying to point out for all of us to learn/develop/continue a common method for reporting/talking about FORScan line changes:

It's helpful when folks report line changes to only report the digit(s)/position that affect the intended change...very similar to what you posted, but with a slight tweak:

Double Horn Honk Enable/Disable
BdyCM 726-16-01
xx1x xx (enable-on)
xx0x xx (disable-off)

The verbiage after the lines will vary, but put enough for all of us to understand what happened (you did by putting Was and Now, thank you)...and for sure use the small 'x' in those digits/positions that were not changed...this allows for everyone to quickly see what digit/position changed, and to what value that change was/is.

Thanks for confirming this worked and please keep sharing the FORScan data you gather.

Last edited:

Axle Folly

Reaction score
Updated the spreadsheet...
Today was my first attempt ForScan reprogramming. I used a couple different spreadsheets and mixed results, and only had me sweating a little. After one of my BdyCM changes didn't work and I noticed another character in the line changed all by itself, I loaded my original settings and the updated ALL! Yikes. I'm sticking to line-by-line now, that seemed like a lot of work for the lil' BCM 'puter.

Later, while I'm still working at it, my daughter opens the door and the running board doesn't deploy, so she declared that I broke it. With the steering wheel in-dash controls I found it was set to off, so I put it back to Auto - I'm guessing something I did caused that; fortunately it was a minor thing which I was able to resolve.

Needless to say, my nerves are a bit shaken. Here are the verification and anomalies I found from spreadsheets in this thread:

1. In the BdyCM module I had success with Rear Lamp Hyperflash (726-14-01) and Double Honk (726-16-01). However, the DRL Lock (726-49-01) I found in an older spreadsheet from Andy (back around Post #409) did not work.

It called for changing xxxx xxxx xX from 1 (on) to 0 (off). But that line in my module looked like xxxx xxxx xXxx (2 more characters!). So, I'm not sure that's the right line for my rig. I tried changing it from a 1 to 0 anyway and it came back xxxx xxxx xXxy (the last character was changed automatically in addition to my edit). Since it didn't work, I put it back to the way it was.

2. Then in the APIM module, the Navigation in Motion (7D0-02-01) worked, but Audio Equalizer (7D0-01-02) did not work, and also had another character automatically change.

I tried holding [eject]+[next track] to reset the unit (read that somewhere) but it didn't do anything.

3. In the IPC module, the Seat Belt Minder (720-01-01) is apparently programmed from the factory (or dealership) with 4 (Passenger Off)! So, I'm not sure that line is correct for my 2017 Platinum EL.

4. Also, I tried to disable the Key in Ignition Chime (IPC 720-02-01), but it didn't seem to do anything and the updated line had another automatically changed character. Since it didn't seem to work, I restored it to the way it was before I started.

I'm not sure if the codes didn't work because of a mismatch to my vehicle, or due to my cheap USB cable tool with a HS/MS switch. I'm glad some of them took, but wish they all would have worked.

flexitis

Reaction score
The last character xxxx xxxx xxXX will change since it’s a sub total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was my first attempt ForScan reprogramming. I used a couple different spreadsheets and mixed results, and only had me sweating a little. After one of my BdyCM changes didn't work and I noticed another character in the line changed all by itself, I loaded my original settings and the updated ALL! Yikes. I'm sticking to line-by-line now, that seemed like a lot of work for the lil' BCM 'puter.

Later, while I'm still working at it, my daughter opens the door and the running board doesn't deploy, so she declared that I broke it. With the steering wheel in-dash controls I found it was set to off, so I put it back to Auto - I'm guessing something I did caused that; fortunately it was a minor thing which I was able to resolve.

Needless to say, my nerves are a bit shaken. Here are the verification and anomalies I found from spreadsheets in this thread:
Any time you make a change to the BCM it will set the running boards to off. Scared me too the first time I did it.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Axle Folly - see my responses in Bold below...welcome to FORScan.

"Axle Folly, post: 293318, member: 58020"]Today was my first attempt ForScan reprogramming. I used a couple different spreadsheets and mixed results, and only had me sweating a little. After one of my BdyCM changes didn't work and I noticed another character in the line changed all by itself, I loaded my original settings and the updated ALL! Yikes. I'm sticking to line-by-line now, that seemed like a lot of work for the lil' BCM 'puter. See my response later in this post, but one (or both) of those last 2 characters/digits will automatically change in each line you are modifying...it's to be expected. It's highly recommended to make a copy of the module before you make any changes (i.e., name it 'BCM Original'), make one change at a time and then make a backup of the module (i.e., name it 'BCM with Horn Honk Disable') . As you've seen, any error can cause major issues...double-check the change you are trying to implement, before you hit the 'Write' button in that block (you shouldn't have to use the 'Write All' button at bottom of screen.

Later, while I'm still working at it, my daughter opens the door and the running board doesn't deploy, so she declared that I broke it. With the steering wheel in-dash controls I found it was set to off, so I put it back to Auto - I'm guessing something I did caused that; fortunately it was a minor thing which I was able to resolve. As Andy stated, easy to disable the power running boards when making BCM changes...and easy to fix by turning them back on as you discovered.

1. In the BdyCM module I had success with Rear Lamp Hyperflash (726-14-01) and Double Honk (726-16-01). However, the DRL Lock (726-49-01) I found in an older spreadsheet from Andy (back around Post #409) did not work. DRL lock does not work on our 15-17 Expys...that's why it's not on the latest spreadsheet.

It called for changing xxxx xxxx xX from 1 (on) to 0 (off). But that line in my module looked like xxxx xxxx xXxx (2 more characters!). So, I'm not sure that's the right line for my rig. I tried changing it from a 1 to 0 anyway and it came back xxxx xxxx xXxy (the last character was changed automatically in addition to my edit). Since it didn't work, I put it back to the way it was. Two issues here...first, use what flexitis stated - the last 2 characters in each line are the checksum (automatically calculated by FORScan) for that line (way to determine if that line is valid). Second, if you see any FORScan code/line state to change one of those last two characters...something is wrong or the code you are looking at is incorrect/incomplete.

2. Then in the APIM module, the Navigation in Motion (7D0-02-01) worked, but Audio Equalizer (7D0-01-02) did not work, and also had another character automatically change. Audio Equalizer is for Sync 2, you have Sync 3...see spreadsheet in post #522...that's why it didn't work on your vehicle.

I tried holding [eject]+[next track] to reset the unit (read that somewhere) but it didn't do anything. This should have worked...try it again, but hold the two buttons (at the same time) for longer...after about 10-15 seconds, you should see something like the screen(s) on my next post (a lot of screens/info)

3. In the IPC module, the Seat Belt Minder (720-01-01) is apparently programmed from the factory (or dealership) with 4 (Passenger Off)! So, I'm not sure that line is correct for my 2017 Platinum EL. Thanks for pointing that out...can anyone else confirm/deny this setting?

4. Also, I tried to disable the Key in Ignition Chime (IPC 720-02-01), but it didn't seem to do anything and the updated line had another automatically changed character. Since it didn't seem to work, I restored it to the way it was before I started. Key in Ignition Chime will only work on those vehicles that actually need to insert a key into an ignition to start -- you have Push Start, so this line won't work on your vehicle.

I'm not sure if the codes didn't work because of a mismatch to my vehicle, or due to my cheap USB cable tool with a HS/MS switch. I'm glad some of them took, but wish they all would have worked. You were actually able to change lines in your modules, so your device is working.

Last edited:

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Example pics of what the Sync 3 Diagnostics screen shows you when you Press (and hold) the 'Eject' and 'Next Track' button at same time...around 10-15 seconds.

IMG_2574.JPG IMG_2572.JPG IMG_2578.JPG

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As some of you know when I first bought my truck back in October I made a bunch of ForScan changes. They all worked flawlessly. A couple of days ago I went back in and changed only one thing: I wanted to enable 5 turn signal blinks for the lane change feature. It works perfectly (5 blinks) but when I actually fully click my turn signal to make a turn, it will auto click back into the “off” position after the turn just like it’s supposed to but the turn signal stays on...infinitely. I have to manually bump the turn signal slightly the opposite way of the indicator to kill it. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don’t need to be nervous when using ForScan as long as you backup your original settings. That being said, I have my first ForScan problem:

As some of you know when I first bought my truck back in October I made a bunch of ForScan changes. They all worked flawlessly. A couple of days ago I went back in and changed only one thing: I wanted to enable 5 turn signal blinks for the lane change feature. It works perfectly (5 blinks) but when I actually fully click my turn signal to make a turn, it will auto click back into the “off” position after the turn just like it’s supposed to but the turn signal stays on...infinitely. I have to manually bump the turn signal slightly the opposite way of the indicator to kill it. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Try the next number for the 5 flashes to work...that will fix your problem.

For example, the line on the spreadsheet says:

Turn Signals - Lane Change Flashes SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x?xx xx Change ? to: 0-3 1 Flash, 4-5 2 Flashes, 6-7 3 Flashes, 8-9 4 Flashes, A-B 5 Flashes, C-D 6 Flashes, E-F 7 Flashes

If you have 'A' set, then change it to 'B' to get the 5 flashes and return your turn signal operation to normal...or vice-versa.

Let us know if that works for you.

Last edited:

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. In the BdyCM module I had success with Rear Lamp Hyperflash (726-14-01) and Double Honk (726-16-01). However, the DRL Lock (726-49-01) I found in an older spreadsheet from Andy (back around Post #409) did not work. DRL lock does not work on our 15-17 Expys...that's why it's not on the latest spreadsheet.

3. In the IPC module, the Seat Belt Minder (720-01-01) is apparently programmed from the factory (or dealership) with 4 (Passenger Off)! So, I'm not sure that line is correct for my 2017 Platinum EL. Thanks for pointing that out...can anyone else confirm/deny this setting?

In regards to number 1. DRL Lock does work on the 15-17 Expedition. I can personally 100% verify that, as it took me weeks to get it shut off when I added my HID retrofits. The caveat is that it only works to turn the lock “off”, activating it in a vehicle not factory equipped does nothing. And there’s no reason for it, as all it does is prevent the DRLs from being shutoff in a vehicle that came with them originally. In the future, if someone who bought an ex-fleet truck (i.e., a rental) wanted to turn them off, they absolutely must change this line in the BCM in order to do so. Perhaps what is needed is a note: If you HAVE factory-activated DRLs, this allows you to shut them off. If you do NOT have factory-activated DRLs, then this line serves no function.

For 3; my 15 XLT passenger seat belt minder was on from the factory and I turned it off with FORScan. My wife’s 15 Plat had it factory turned off. The line is correct, as are the digits, but there’s some weird stuff going on at Ford in regards to whether it’s actually on from the factory.