ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So i had a different issue that seemed to cause my infinite turn signal problem. Whenever I changed the appropriate digit in the code line, it would change the very last digit too. Odd. Once I fixed that, I solved my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My as built reads:
724-01-01 983E E699 82

When I attempted to change the 6 to letter A, it changed the 82 to 89 or sometimes 8B.. I have no idea why, but once I actually realIzed it,I changed it back to 82, adjusted the digit I wanted to change to get 5 or 6 blinks (I can’t remember which) and all works fine now.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My as built reads:
724-01-01 983E E699 82

When I attempted to change the 6 to letter A, it changed the 82 to 89 or sometimes 8B.. I have no idea why, but once I actually realIzed it,I changed it back to 82, adjusted the digit I wanted to change to get 5 or 6 blinks (I can’t remember which) and all works fine now.

That sounds correct...the last 2 digits in each line are the checksum digits and are automatically calculated by FORScan. You shouldn't have to change those last 2 digits, FORScan will do that for you...every time you make a change to a line, at least one (if not both) of those last 2 digits will change also.

It appears that maybe something else (weirdtron) was going on...great that you were able to resolve this issue.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok then I’m throughly confused by what was happening. In any case I have my blinks, and they are working normally again. I have no desire to mess with them anymore lol.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok then I’m throughly confused by what was happening. In any case I have my blinks, and they are working normally again. I have no desire to mess with them anymore lol.

I can relate to that - I felt that way after I finished messing with my DRLs.

HockeyPuck99

Reaction score
Not shaming you, but trying to point out for all of us to learn/develop/continue a common method for reporting/talking about FORScan line changes:

It's helpful when folks report line changes to only report the digit(s)/position that affect the intended change...very similar to what you posted, but with a slight tweak:

Double Horn Honk Enable/Disable
BdyCM 726-16-01
xx1x xx (enable-on)
xx0x xx (disable-off)

The verbiage after the lines will vary, but put enough for all of us to understand what happened (you did by putting Was and Now, thank you)...and for sure use the small 'x' in those digits/positions that were not changed...this allows for everyone to quickly see what digit/position changed, and to what value that change was/is.

Thanks for confirming this worked and please keep sharing the FORScan data you gather.

Makes sense, thanks for the feedback. I admit I am a noob haha.

old codger

Reaction score
What is the most recent spreadsheet on the 17 expy forscan codes? Also, I am wanting to have my parking lights for drls, what would be the correct code for line 726-11-01. The printout I have seen only shows 50% low beam, Fog Lights and Turn signals. Also, according to spreadsheet I have seen would show changing 726-12-01 for parking lights. And what is DRL lock on line 726-49-01, or what is the function of a drl lock?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I'd think the parking lights would be too dim for DRLs and I recall reading about this setting (unless I dreamed it) activating both front and back lights. The LED fog lights are "made for" DRLs and are easy to see in Daylight -- the goal of DRLs. They still function as Fogs at night and don't illuminate then unless the headlight switch is pulled out.

-- Chuck